This item is consumable. You will need one per student.
God is a master storyteller, and for proof we need look no further than His Word. He gave us the Bible to share the best story of all—the one of His glory and love. As we read the Word and meditate on what we find there, God will give us a better understanding of Himself, the Author and the Hero of Scripture.
This study challenges you to look deep into the Bible, to read it, to meditate on it, to experience it like the characters you see, as if you were “in their sandals.” You’ll tackle creative writing exercises that ask you to think hard about Scripture. You’ll learn writing disciplines that help you communicate truth clearly and concisely. And as you abide in the Word, you’ll discover how God reveals Himself through it all.
By the end of this study, students will . . .
- Write eight stories based on events and characters from Scripture
- Read Scripture meditatively, with a mind to seek God’s majesty in His Word, then share Him with others
- Research the historical and cultural context behind well-known Bible stories
- Approach writing systematically, with appropriate research, preparation, drafting, and revision
- Practice the disciplines of a good writer
- Build a basic literary vocabulary
- Understand the importance and use of certain grammar structures
Featuring reformatted content taken from the self-contained Student Manual, this free downloadable Teacher’s Resource document allows the parent or instructor to follow their students through each lesson and writing exercise.
You can look at the first 42 pages of this book here.
You can also read Cathy Duffy’s review of In Their Sandals here.