This item is consumable. You will need one per student.
This course contains 12 readable PACEs (or booklets), each illustrated with colorful diagrams, drawings, and photographs. We chose this particular text because it is appealingly written (and colorfully illustrated) in a narrative, living way. As students learn about the wonders of God’s creation, they will respond to follow-up questions and view complete labs performed online with School of Tomorrow’s excellent video series. Anatomy is included as a part of this biology course. This is not true of many biology courses, and often students must take a separate anatomy course to receive this type of coverage. With all this rolled into one, this course truly brings the wonder of God’s creation to life!
- Study the characteristics, body structure, and reproduction of birds, mammals, fish, amphibians, reptiles, sponges, arthropods, microorganisms, and more!
- Learn about different cell structures and functions including cell division and cellular respiration.
- Examine plant forms including roots, stems, leaves, and flowers. Study photosynthesis, plant reproduction and plant adaptation.
- Become familiar with the structures and functions of the human body, including the anatomy and physiology of each of the organ systems, nutrition, growth, reproduction, genetics, embryology, ecology, and more!
- Complete follow-up activities including multiple choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, vocabulary, and short answer questions. As students fill out these exercises, they will capture, organize, categorize, and ultimately better retain the dense and vocabulary rich subject matter of Biology.
- Gain up-close views of dissections and microscopic lab work as part of this course through clearly-filmed lab videos, and complete lab sheets while watching each session. These videos can be found online at https://www.aceconnect.com.