This is a 9 DVD Set of art projects designed to be completed at home. The projects on each DVD are narrated, modeled, and taught with a Christian emphasis by master artist Pat Knepley. Each DVD includes art history, art elements, art principles, step-by-step tutoring, and integrated Biblical truths. Students will end up with a portfolio of 9 completed projects as part of their Fine Arts study.
Each DVD focuses on a different artist and a different type of art project. Each project is divided into 4 separate sessions, and Pat takes students through each step of the lesson on the DVD. We schedule students to do one art project session each week, completing an art project every 4 weeks.
The design of the projects makes this an art class that your students can enjoy and excel at in the comfort of your own home. Plan for art project sessions to last about an hour with the DVD running about 30 min. This allows enough time for students to pause and work along with Pat, taking time to be creative and do the project well. Some students may take longer to work.
9 DVD Set – Artists and corresponding projects are as follows:
- Tiffany Window in the style of Louis Comfort Tiffany
- Repeated Sweets in the style of Wayne Thiebaud
- Paper Jungle in the style Henri Rousseau
- Pointillism Fruit in the style of Georges Seurat
- Poppy Collage in the style of Georgia O’Keefe
- Dreams of Joseph in the style of Marc Chagall
- Horsing Around in the style of Edgar Degas
- Peaceful Seas in the style of Winslow Homer
- Sunflowers in the style of Vincent Van Gogh
The links below show some of the tips shared in Art Projects: