As part of their Bible time this year, students will listen to hymns using Selah: Greatest Hymns CD. This CD includes 15 wonderful hymns with liner notes that give either a little background on the hymn or a personal note about the hymn from one of the members of Selah.
Hymn study is a wonderful Charlotte Mason inspired part of the school day, and taking into account the maturing age of our students, this compilation brings hymn study to our students in a way that will speak to their hearts. Even if you are not a fan of Selah, this Greatest Hymns CD will probably become a favorite.
I (Carrie) didn’t own any Selah CDs, yet this particular one is so highly recommended so many places (and is so beloved by my mother and sisters) that I had to include it. It speaks to my heart now too! What a wonderful way to learn the words of timeless hymns from ages past.
Hymns included are as follows:
- Be Thou My Vision
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness
- Bika Mono Ve (Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior)/It Is Well With My Soul
- There is a Fountain
- Amazing Grace
- How Great Thou Art
- His Eye is on the Sparrow
- Be Still my Soul/What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- By and By
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- Part the Waters/I Need Thee Every Hour
- Precious Lord, Take My Hand/Just a Closer Walk With Thee
- There is Power in the Blood
- O Sacred Head Now Wounded
- Be Thou Near to Me (with Jim Brickman)