So long for now

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
blessedmomof4

So long for now

Post by blessedmomof4 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Ladies, I have loved, and still love, HOD. But after prayer and discussion with my husband, we have decided it's time for me to take a break from independent homeschooling. We are placing our high-schoolers in a hybrid charter school, in which they are allowed to study at home up to 4 days a week and are required to physically attend 1 day a week for 4 hours. This decision considers my energy level (or lack thereof), my husband's health, caring for an aging dog, raising our brand-new baby who was born preemie, the possibility of another baby in the near future, finances, and the stress of issues with one of my girls who is now seeing a Christian counselor.
I am happy two of my children were blessed to have used Bigger, Preparing, and CTC, and one used part of Rev to Rev. I cannot express how much HOD has meant through the good and hard times, and am so grateful for the many good family memories which HOD helped to make.
Our littlest one will be ready for "formal" school by the time her big sisters graduate (I can't believe she will be 1 in four months!), so expect me back in 3 or 4 years to start with Little Hands to Heaven :D
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

pjdobro

Re: So long for now

Post by pjdobro » Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Lourdes, I am sorry to see you go, but I understand that at different times in our lives God calls us to follow different paths. You've been a blessing here on the board and will be missed. God bless you and keep you. We'll look forward to seeing you back here in a few years. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Lourdes - I feel we have been through so much together! You were there at the very start of this message board, so of course it tugs at my heart to read this. :cry: I respect your decision and know you are a woman who prays long and hard before making decisions. You will be sooooo missed here - but should the Lord keep blessing me with more days here on this Earth - I'll be here to welcome you back when you return! God bless, and you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers through this trying time.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon May 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Blessings to you, Lourdes, you will be missed.
I felt compelled to reply because you and I are both "old school" HOD : )
Blessings.

Candice :D