If you are using MtMM for a High Schooler:

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

If you are using MtMM for a High Schooler:

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Do you mind to share what you have done, overall, to make it hs credit worthy. Carrie answered my question regarding the Science and I am excited to be able to just add a few book and still use it mostly as written. I just wondered what other tweeks you may have made to make sure everything counts. Here is my plan:

~MtMM History as written using the Extension pack readers in place of the basic set
~MtMM Science as written, but adding the Chemistry 101 CDs and Carbon Chemistry to make it worth a whole year of HS Chemistry credit. My son loved the DNA and Evolution study so much that he wants to do it in addition to all of the Chemistry! I hope that won't be too much...and if it is, maybe we can do the Evolution/Creation and Genetics stuff over the summer.
~CLE English I/CLE Lit 1 along with dictation and Write with the Best II from MtMM
~Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1
~Rosetta Stone French 2
~MtMM Bible as scheduled
~Phys Ed
Last edited by Tree House Academy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

4Hispraise

Re: If you are using MtMM for a High Schooler:

Post by 4Hispraise » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:15 pm

We are in the same boat & I am wondering the same things. Hoping someone answers!! :D

Also, thanks for sharing your tentative plan...it is helping me think more clearly through mine!
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

CindyK

Re: If you are using MtMM for a High Schooler:

Post by CindyK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 pm

I am using MtMM for my 9th grader. This is what we are doing:

MtMM History w/extensions and adding All American History Vol.1 in order to get a full credit for US History

Economics: Adding in "A Bluestocking Guide: Economics" to the already scheduled "Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?" and "Common Sense Business for Kids" to get a 1/2 credit

English 1: Analytical Grammar, AGs Teaching the Essay, MtMM Poetry, Write with the Best Vol. 2, Dictation, CLE The Pilgrim's Progress Study Guide and two Progeny Press Study Guides: "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"

Science: Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology & Lab along with Steve Rosenoff's Instructional DVD

Math: Teaching Textbooks Geometry

Spanish: BJU Spanish 1 with BJU Instructional DVDs

Bible: MtMM as written

Home Economics: CLE

Physical Education: For the 1st semester she trained and ran in 5ks and a 10k. (My husband runs marathons so this was easy for us to work in)

I hope this helps! We live in TN and register with a church related school and when I submitted what we are doing they are the ones that suggested the extra text for History in order to get a full credit and also adding the extra Economics book we could get 1/2 credit for Economics.
~Cindy~

17yr. old dd -World History Guide
11yr. old ds - Preparing plus extensions
9yr. old dd - other