Just Placed an ORDER!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
6timeboymom

Just Placed an ORDER!

Post by 6timeboymom » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm getting pumped for another year of HOD!!! I ordered Creation to Christ with extension pack for my 8th grader. :) I also got a couple workbooks for my 1st grader who will be doing LHFHG. (we started it last year, so it's kind of a continuation)
So-for the upcoming school year, I have:

Jesse (16, high school junior)-he's doing a rather "do it yourself" approach, because he wants to study greek mythology and ancient greece. He's not a good textbook/reading kind of learner so we do a lot of hands on, educational DVD's (love my netflix for that!) and field trip sort of things. :)

Jamie (13, 8th grade) C2C with extensions, DITHOR level 4/5 with reading level books, Building with diligence for grammar, and SM level 3A and 3B.

Ben (12, 7th grade) Preparing with extensions, DITHOR level 4/5, Beginning Wisely for grammar, and math u see for math.

Greyson (8, 3rd grade) Beyond with the emerging readers set and SM 1A and 1B. not sure if I'm going to continue with the 'simply grammar' book we've been using or not. I don't think so, at this point. I'm also considering DITHOR level 2/3, but he isn't really a reader, so...that's still up in the air.

and Gabe (6, 1st grade) LHFHG with the emerging readers instead of phonics (he's a really strong reader) and SM 1A and 1B.

Phew! and I have one who graduated this year; so while technically he will be in college (he's going to attend the local community college) I'm sure I will be here to help with his homework lol!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

RecumbentHeart

Re: Just Placed an ORDER!

Post by RecumbentHeart » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:29 am

School at your house sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun this year. I hope you share all about it. :D
Alicia
DS10: CTC (beginning Sept.)
DD8: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS7: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS5: LHfHG

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:18 am

Hey Darci- can you skype teach Nathan preparing while your at it.?......assuming we can keep Stan from his immigration crusade :)
Although maybe I should just slow down Bigger .We havent yet started DITHOR either .Im still surprised there is a HOD curriculum you dont have .
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:31 pm

LOL! yeah, I think it would be hard to get Stan to stop long enough to get a word in edgewise! Of course, if we would *just* move to Salisbury...:lol:
Thank you, Recumbent Heart! <3 I'm really looking forward to it. :)
Darci

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Waving hello and sending a hug your way, Darci! :D Here's to a great year ahead with HOD! :D Thanks for sharing, and congrats on oldest ds graduating! I will probably have some questions for you about college, etc. in about 5 years when we are sorting through that with Wyatt. :wink: Great to hear from ya!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Darci,

It's great to "see" you! :D Hooray! :D We pray you'll have a great year with HOD! :D

Both of our Greysons are growing up. :wink: Thanks for sharing your joy.

Blessings,
Carrie

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:10 pm

I know, Carrie! <3 it goes too fast.
Hi Julie!! *waves frantically* It will be here before you know it!
I decided to go with the Singapore Math for Ben (my 7th grade/12 year old) so I ordered that too. :)
Darci