Using Little Hands to Heaven as a Sunday School curruculum

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
amethyst rain

Using Little Hands to Heaven as a Sunday School curruculum

Post by amethyst rain » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:09 am

Has anyone done this? Anyone have any advice for me on how to do this. Should I just run through the whole curriculum as is, doing Unit 1-Day 1 on one Sunday, Unit 1-Day 2 the next? Or should I do bits and pieces of each day of a unit and go through one letter per Sunday? We will have the kids for an hour and a half, some of that will be free play time.

my3sons

Re: Using Little Hands to Heaven as a Sunday School currucul

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi there! :D How exciting you are wanting to spread the Good News to little ones via LHTH! It worked well for me. I used LHTH many years ago with a group of children at church during a women's Bible study. I mentioned a few things about it in this thread. Though it was a different situation, maybe something would be helpful...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10887&p=79194

You can give HOD a call to find out about their licensing agreement. Mike will certainly be able to help out with those questions. HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

JanOH

Re: Using Little Hands to Heaven as a Sunday School currucul

Post by JanOH » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 pm

My daughter did this at our church for Jr. Church a few years ago. In fact, I just panicked when I read Julie's post about liscensing agreements because I realized we hadn't even thought of that - but then I remembered that at that time, the Jr. Church was three of my own children (with maybe a handful of Sunday's with one visitor) so I'm hoping we're o.k.

What my daughter ended up doing was that she did each letter for two weeks. So she would end up doing two days plus a 'bit' worth each Sunday. Sometimes she would drop out an activity if the time was too busy. Sometimes she would expand it to use one letter over three Sundays. She let it be pretty flexible. As I recall it probably took her about two years to get through the program but the kids all enjoyed it.

It's kind of funny now to think about it because I didn't know anything about HOD at that time and picked up the LHTH guide at our local Christian bookstore for her to use for Jr. Church. Now I'm using HOD for almost all my kids and am starting LHTH with my two youngest.
Janet
19yods and 18yodd starting college this year.
15yods: not using HOD :(
11yods: Creation To Christ
9yods: Bigger
7yods: Beyond
4yods & 2yodd: Getting ready to start Little Hands (when Mom finds the time)