Let's share our schedules!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Let's share our schedules!

Post by Carrie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Ladies,

I am finally getting my schedule posted for this year. :D This schedule has been working very well for my boys for over a quarter now, so we've fine-tuned it to fit our needs. We have found that our start time is very important each day and that the next most important thing is keeping the same flow or routine to the day. For my oldest two sons, I made sure to schedule independent tasks last in their day. In that way, if my oldest two get up early or get ahead of schedule, they can simply jump to the end of their schedule and do one of their independent subjects. My boys love this, as they feel they are chipping off their ending time by doing these subjects earlier in the day. :wink:

In order for my day to flow well, I don't necessarily have to be on the exact times it says on my schedule (and often I am not :wink: ), but I do need to have each of my kiddo's time with me in the same order each day. This keeps my routine very similar and makes me able to calmly move on to what is next. My boys know that when I call them to do any items scheduled with me that it takes precedence over whatever they are doing. This is because there is only 1 of me and 4 of them! :D

I give each child his own schedule, and I keep a copy of these individual schedules in plastic page protectors on a ring on my fridge so that I can easily check at any given time who is supposed to be doing what (and where). I have a one-page schedule for me that includes only the items I am to be doing with my children in the teaching capacity or the maintenance capacity. This keeps my notes to a minimum and shows me at a glance what I'm supposed to be doing. :wink: The kiddos each have a copy of only their own schedule in a 3-ring folder in a plastic page protector for them to check off each day with a dry erase marker. We use the same routine every day, which really helps the kiddos memorize it. :D

Here are my boys' schedules for 2010-2011. The items in blue are the ones that are done specifically with me each day. :D I have not put mealtimes in blue, nor all of the overseeing I do as I move kiddos from task to task, but my teaching times are noted in blue. This way you can see how it works for one teacher to teach multiple programs. We do eat lunch and dinner together as a family, but our breakfast is in two shifts with the olders eating as they get up and the youngers getting up later and eating later. This allows for the olders to have some quiet work time before the youngers descend upon us for the day. :D

Don't let this detailed schedule scare you, as it is honestly the order and routine (not the times) that keep us steadily progressing forward each day. :D Although you may never get to the point where you are doing 4 separate programs, I just wanted to let you know that it can be done and is manageable. You may never have the need to finish as early in the day as I do so that I have time to work, but if you do I also wanted to let you know that is possible. So keep that in mind as you read further. :D Rest assured that this is just one way among many, and HOD is flexible enough that families are able to make the same guides work in a completely different order and manner to find what is best for them. :D

Shaw's Grade 6 Resurrection to Reformation Schedule:
6:30-7:00 Make Bed/Clean up Room/Dress/Groom (30 min.)
7:00-745 Pick Orders/Tape Boxes/Tear Down Boxes (45 min.)
7:45-8:00 Eat Breakfast (finish as needed during first subject) (15 min.)
8:00-8:20 Bible Quiet Time Box (20 min. morning room)
8:30-8:25 Take out garbages
8:25-8:30 Dictation (5 min. kitchen table)
8:30-8:50 Medieval Writing Lessons (or if no Medieval Writing Lesson, then Grammar Lesson) (20 min. kitchen table)
8:50-9:20 Reading About History Box (30 min. morning room)
9:20-9:40 Independent History Box (20 min. morning room)
9:40-10:10 Rotating History Box (Research/Geography/Timeline/Shakespeare) (30 min. morning room)
10:10-10:40 Math (I go over the lesson and am available during assignment time.) (30 min. kitchen counter)
10:40-11:00 History Project (20 min. kitchen counter)
11:00-11:30 Play with Beau (30 min. M/R- Beau's room, T - Playroom, W/F - Computer)
11:30-11:50 Art Appreciation/Devotions/Poetry (20 min. morning room)
11:50-12:30 Drawn into the Heart of Reading (40 min. morning room)
12:30-1:00 Science (30 min. kitchen counter)
1:00-1:35 Eat Lunch/Storytime (35 min. kitchen table)
1:35-1:40 Clear Table/Counters (5 min.)
1:40-2:45 Play Outside for Recess (60 min.)
2:45-3:00 Greek with Dad (15 min. kitchen table)

Greyson's Grade 2 Finishing Beyond Full-Speed Schedule. He begins Bigger Hearts Half-Speed in 2 weeks.
8:30-9:00 Make Bed/Get Dressed/Groom
9:00-9:30 Eat Breakfast (We have oatmeal on a kettle on the stove ready for differing breakfast times or eggs in the microwave.)
9:30-10:00 Play in his room
10:00-10:10 Clean up room, be down by 10:10.
10:10-10:15 Dust Bust kitchen
10:15-10:30 Copywork of Poetry from Beyond (15 min. kitchen table)
10:30-10:45 Math Box (15 min. kitchen table)
10:45-11:00 Language Arts Box (15 min. kitchen table)
11:00-11:15 Emerging Reader Appendix Beyond (15 min. morning room couch)
11:15-11:30 Storytime Box (15 min. morning room couch)
11:30-12:00 Playtime with Beau (30 min. M-Computer, T-Greyson's Room, W-Beau's Room, R-Playroom, F-Greyson's Room)
12:00-12:15 Clean-up
12:15-12:25 Reading About History Box (10 min. morning room)
12:25-12:30 Music Box (5 min. morning room)
12:30-12:40 Bible Study Box (10 min. morning room)
12:40-12:45 Poetry Box (5 min. morning room)
12:45-1:00 Rotating Bottom Left Hand Box (15 min. morning room)
1:00-1:35 Lunch/Storytime
1:35-1:40 Dust Bust
1:45-2:45 Recess Outside (60 min.)

Beau's Age 4 Little Hands to Heaven Full-Speed Schedule:
8:00-8:30 Get Dressed/Brush Teeth/Groom
8:30-9:00 Eat Breakfast
9:00-9:30 Educational Video (30 min. living room)
9:30-9:40 Clean up living room
9:40-10:10 Little Hands to Heaven All Boxes (30 min. playroom)
10:10-11:00 Toys from kitchen cupboard / and Playdough (50 min. kitchen table)
11:00-11:30 Play with Shaw (30 min. - see Shaw's schedule above for rotation)
11:30-12:00 Play with Greyson (30 min. - see Greyson's schedule above for rotation)
12:00-12:15 Clean up with Greyson (15 min.)
12:15-1:00 Play in Room, or in Playroom, or if he hasn't had computer today do computer (45 min.)
1:00-1:35 Lunch/Storytime
1:35-1:40 Clean Up
1:40-2:45 Recess Outside (60 min. all boys together)

Cole's Grade 9 School Schedule (Piloting Some Possible HOD Plans for the Future):
7:15-8:00 Make Bed/Get Dressed/Groom/Unload Dishwasher/Eat Breakfast
8:00-8:50 Pack Orders (basement)
8:50-8:55 Dictation (5 min. kitchen table)
8:55-9:25 Spanish (30 min. kitchen table M/W/F) Greek (30 min. kitchen table T/R)
9:25-9:55 Grammar (Go over lesson/Assign portion to do on own) (30 min. kitchen table M/W/F) Music Appreciation (30 min. T/R Cole's Room)
9:55-10:40 Math (45 min. Mom's room) I'm available as needed.
10:40-11:25 Science (45 min. Mom's room M/T/W reading/questions lessons) (R/F Lab -kitchen counter)
11:25-12:15 Geography (50 min. Mom's room or kitchen table)
12:15-1:00 Literature Study/Composition (45 min. Mom's room)
1:00-1:35 Lunch/Storytime (35 min.)
1:35-1:40 Load dishwasher
1:40-2:45 Recess (60 min. all boys together)
2:45-3:35 Bible Study (40 min.)
3:25-3:35 Typing (10 min.)
Note: Typically, Cole gets up on his own by 6:00 or 6:30 A.M. So, he does his Bible Study and Typing before breakfast. In this way, he is done at 1:00 like the other boys.

In all honesty, out of necessity I have gotten more scheduled as the years have gone by, due to needing to have work time for ME in the afternoons. :D I work hard with schooling until 1:00, but this truly leaves my time free from teaching after that! This is such a huge blessing to me, so I am willing to work harder to stay on task and keep interruptions at bay in the morning to have my afternoons for my much needed worktime and for maintaining my home! :D I also have to say that I am truly feeling blessed this year, as my two oldest sons are very independent, allowing me time to work with my younger two during school. :D I enjoy the things that I still do with my oldest sons, but I am also enjoying time spent focused on my younger ones. I can see the fruits of years spent in training my older sons in so many areas. They are truly becoming young men! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

seekhimfirst

Post by seekhimfirst » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 pm

We have been using these schedules for two weeks now and things are going very smoothly so I thought I would share them with the hopes that they may help someone else looking for ideas! :D

The first one is my daily schedule (more of a routine to follow) with exactly what my day should look like. I highlighted who I should be working with and what we should be working on at that specific time. This helps me to know I'm doing all that I'm supposed to!

CTC, Beyond, LHFHG Daily Schedule http://www.mediafire.com/?1bj0x5xane75a0t

Next is my ds CTC schedule that he keeps in a page protector and checks off as he goes. I then cross out each thing after I have checked his work. The lines with a star mean he is to save that for our together time which in the above schedule is my CTC teaching time. He can do all of his other CTC work in whatever order he chooses and I listen or look over it during his check-in with mom time (also in above schedule).

CTC Weekly Schedule http://www.mediafire.com/?g7o7hm48knnghq6

And finally is a very simple daily check off list my dd uses for Beyond. I may do a little more detailed list when we start Bigger in a couple weeks after I see the workload.

Beyond Daily Checklist http://www.mediafire.com/?b7i3cgpw6mao7r7

:D :D

ETA: Ok, now I have our new Bigger Schedule that we used today! It went great and we didn't even really need to modify our overall main schedule except I added in the hymn study right after breakfast and chores. I am more involved with this child now and don't let her take off on her own as I did in Beyond but it still works out time-wise.

Bigger Weekly Schedule http://www.mediafire.com/?aubgrab03y7ed9v
CTC, Bigger, LHFHG Daily Schedule http://www.mediafire.com/?yl1mvh8yjvov0d0

Remember these are just here for ideas as I can remember how much I loved looking at others when we first started! Also, I like my kids being able to check things off but not in the guide (guess I'm just picky). It would be much easier to just let them check it off in the guide!! Oh, well. :roll: HOD can work in so many different ways and this is just how it fits us well. We are blessed to be using it!
Last edited by seekhimfirst on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing it is from the Lord you will receive the reward of inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.
Col 3:23-24

11yo CTC
7yo Bigger
5yo LHFHG

Magistra

Post by Magistra » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:27 am

Hello Carrie,

A schedule change for us this year involves doing 2 weeks of one side of the page in one week. Meaning that dd will do days 1 and 2 of a unit on Monday, days 3 and 4 on Tuesday, skip to next unit and do days 1 and 2 on Wednesday, days 3 and 4 on Thursday. We found that she was having trouble jumping between too many subjects and she couldn't stay focused. I was weary of always asking" are you done with ...", now we have half the subjects and her mind can concentrate on all history one week and all math, science, grammar, and latin the next week. A bit like college where you take a bigger bite in only a few subjects. Less subjects for me to check on, less nagging to keep her focused, less complaining on her part. She has told me several times since we started doing this with Resurrection to Reformation how much easier it is for her to get the work done. We still have our moments but they are fewer and farther between. I asked her if she would like to do HOD next year and she emphatically said "Yes." You can't ask for a better endorsement than that.
Looking forward to seeing you in Cincinnati.
Magistra

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:04 am

I wasn't going to reply to this because I'm only doing LHTH, so it's not like I'm doing a big balancing act at this point! :lol:
But I decided to post anyway, I thought you might enjoy a laugh at what we call a schedule in a home with just a preschooler and a toddler.
7:30 a.m. girls get up, play or watch cartoons a little while I drink my coffee
8:00 a.m. I get myself and 2 y.o. dressed while 4 y.o. dresses, brushes teeth, and makes her bed (this is all very new, but I'm encouraging her every day to make a good habit) :D
8:30 (ish) breakfast, during which time I'll read from the bible (theirs, and sometimes mine if they want more). If I forget, dd 4 will remind me.
After breakfast, clean up and start laundry
9:30 (ish) dd 4 asks "what else is in our curriculum today?" so we do our other 'boxes'
10:00 - 10:30 the girls are looking for more projects - either I set up some paint/markers/gluing projects or steer them to puzzles and toys
11:00 - we play outside or run some errands
12:30 - lunch and another story or conversation
after lunch 2yo naps and I do The Reading Lesson, and/or HWT Preschool with 4 yo, then a couple more stories
3:00 ish we listen to some music (classical, kids, bible, or introduce some world music) and shake our maracas, etc. or have free time
3:30-4:00 ish we clean up (usually) or we play Chase The Princess (preferred)
4:30 I start dinner while the girls play or watch a video
5:30 we all go wild because Dad is home!

Tuesdays we take Music Together in the a.m.
Starting Tot Soccer Mondays one day a week
Fridays homeschool group park day
Saturdays (every other) Library story time or Shake Rattle & Roll, then check out books.
At least twice a month we try to have a family fun day on the weekend with dad

jjcmehl

Post by jjcmehl » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Here is our schedule for Bigger (BHFHG) with a DD10 and DS8. I am also educating a DS4.5, have a DS2, and am expecting a little one anyday now. The older two children do their Bigger Science independently (with my guidance when needed).

Christine
wife to DH for 11 years
DD 10.5 (5th) Preparing w/ Ext, French, Logic
DS 9 (4th) Preparing, French
DS 5 (K) Bible, story, & 3 R's
Adding: Suzuki piano; nature, composer, & picture studies
DS 2.5 Tot School
DS 6 mo. Starting to crawl

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Christine - I just had to compliment you on your efficient, well-planned schedule! :D I like many things about your schedule. You are doing many things well that I had to "learn" to do with schedules over the years. :lol: First of all, it is typed, easy to read, fits on one page, has time increments small enough to account for all dc's happenings, and your part is color coded in blue. Second, you say WHERE the dc need to be when doing their tasks. Very important! This cuts down on the everyone in each other's space too much problem, as well as the proverbial question, "Where should I do my _____?" As families, we are sharing space, and being considerate of one another's learning environment is just good manners. Third, you have wisely enlisted the help of your older dc with your younger dc. What a wise lady you are! You show here that you can homschool in an organized, timely fashion with a larger family with dc all under the age of 10 yo. Thanks for sharing this, as I think it will help others determine how to put together a workable schedule in their own homes as well! :D

Thanks to all the gracious ladies thus far who have shared their schedules in this truly amazing thread! You are really helping so many moms this way. :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

jjcmehl

Post by jjcmehl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Thanks Julie! I was inspired by some previous books on the subject, but also from Carrie and your schedules.
Christine
wife to DH for 11 years
DD 10.5 (5th) Preparing w/ Ext, French, Logic
DS 9 (4th) Preparing, French
DS 5 (K) Bible, story, & 3 R's
Adding: Suzuki piano; nature, composer, & picture studies
DS 2.5 Tot School
DS 6 mo. Starting to crawl

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 am

As our dc grew and matured, we made some slight schedule changes mid-year while doing RTR, BHFHG, and LHTH (half-speed). My oldest ds loves to get up early in the morning, and asked to do his science and his Bible Quiet Time before the rest of us get up. When my dh is home, my oldest loves that time around him as well. This worked well! Another change we made was to begin with my oldest ds's teaching time, as he had the most to do, and let the other 2 dc play first. This worked great too! A few other changes - my middle ds went from doing Bigger Hearts half-speed to full-speed, and my LHTH ds began doing very simple phonics with me as well as LHTH. These changes are all reflected in this schedule. We just finished our school year, and we truly had an incredible year! :D

Balance. That is the word that has brought such peace. Our days are balanced with HOD - PTL! :D Each child is placed in the guide he needs, so every family member is valued in our homeschooling day. My time is balanced among them appropriately, so they each have their cup filled and a full emotional tank of love. Learning styles are balanced in the day, with each day having hands-on learning, auditory learning, visual learning, etc., so each of my dc's preferred learning style is used each day, but they each are stretched to strengthen the other learning styles too (which is a goal of mine :wink: ). The length of each child's school day is balanced, being shorter for the youngers and longer for the olders. The level of independent, semi-independent, and teacher-directed amount of work is balanced appropriately for each age of my dc, which makes them confident and capable of doing all that is asked of them. Balance. It's a beautiful thing. :D I can't wait for next year! :) Thanks HOD for making our year one that helped each of my dc thrive and brought balance, contentment, and joy to this homeschool mom! :D

Image Image

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Mercy

Post by Mercy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm

The other day it dawned on me that I really hadnt commited this upcoming year to prayer or even prayed about what we are doing this year. That is something I think I will need to remind myself, since it is easy to go into auto pilot when everything is so perfectly planned out for you!

After pressing through, I was able to release my plans into Jesus hands. Thankfully He didnt change my plans very much. Lol! But, I did realize that my 11 year old is ready to jump into CTC. I know it is against the rules and usually not recommended, but I am beginning in CTC for several reasons. Probably the most important...he is ready. He was working almost fully independent already. I have learned a lot about him this past year in PHFHG. I have also learned a lot about HOD. I feel confident he will do great!!

Anyway, with the new change, a new schedule is born. :D

(Times are aprox as any hsing mom knows.lol!)

7:30
Mom: Quite Time, Clean Bath, Shower
11yob: Wake, Shower, Get Ready, Pick up Room, Quiet Time
6yo,3yo: Sleep

8:00-
Mom: Get Ready, Clean Room, Start Laundry
11yo: Poetry/painting, Clean up, Study Dictation
(If awake early, can do independent work)
6yo: wake, shower, Get Ready, Pick Up Room
3yo: wake, take bath, pick up room

8:30-
Mom: While making and eating breakfast...ctc-dictation, math & LA instruction, also lhfhg math.
11yo: Working w mom
6yo: empty dishwasher, math w mom
3yo: helping empty dishwasher, set table

9:00-
Breakfast
Prayer/Songs

9:30-
Mom: Rhymes w 6yo & 3yo, LHTH w 3yo
11yo: Language Arts, Math, DITHOR (independent wrk, if time)
6yo: Rhymes, Handwriting, Math, Spelling
3yo: LHTH w mom

10:00-
Mom: CTC work- check up, DITHOR, Bible/Geography, Read Aloud
11yo: working w mom
6yo: play w 3yo
3yo: play w 6yo

11:00-
Mom: LHFHG w 6yo
11yo: Independent work
6yo: school w mom
3yo: video, table toys, etc.

12:00-
Mom: Check out 11yo
11yo: mom helping, if necessary
6yo: Playtime

12:30-
DONE!!
Lunch

1:00-
Freeplay

4:00-
Get ready for Daddy's homecoming!!

What do you think?
Is it doable??

Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:57 pm

I do think that's doable, Mercy! :D I like your schedule. I think you have planned it out well. You have a nice balance of considering each child's needs and carving out time for each of them. :D I like how you have several checkpoints for CTC too, and ample time for teacher instruction for each child. :D The only block of time that may take longer is the 8:30-9 AM time. CTC's dictation will only take 5 minutes, but CTC's math and LA and LHFHG's math while navigating breakfast may take longer - but like you said, times are always approximate. I like how you get ready for "daddy's homecoming" - I just think that's an awesome way to think about that! Sounds like a super schedule - you'll have to share how it's going after you've had a chance to try it out a bit. It always takes me about 2-3 weeks to hit a good routine, but that really could just be me. Thanks for sharing this here - it will surely help other moms put together their HOD days too! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Mercy

Post by Mercy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Julie,
You are so sweet! I really appreciate and value your opinion, especially in scheduling. :) You have a gift. I really like how you take time to look at all the details. Your carefulness is so special to me. Thank you! :D Anyway, you can tell I have made a lot of schedules over the years, since I showed it to my 11yo SON and he pointed out that same time (breakfast schooling) saying it might be tough for me. Lol! Dont think this is the first schedule he has seen! :D I figure sometimes we will just be eating cereal and maybe the littles can make breakfast while I work at table...or...we will just "wing it" during that time. Some monings we might get it done before the littles wake, or we might have to do it later at the meeting time...everyday is so different anyway. I am starting at the end of Aug. (God willing) and I will try to remember to check in and post how the schedule is working.

The "Daddy Homecoming" is something I used to be dilligent about a few years ago. I have let it slide recently, but the Holy Spirit has been reminding me how much it blessed my husband and truly our entire home. We just make sure things are tidy, candle lit, classical music on, everyone is cleaned up and has something quiet to do...hopefully I know what is for dinner...if I am really good its on the table. :-) It is just an atmosphere I try to create so he feels loved when he walks in the door. He is such a blessing to us. I just want him to know that. :wink:

Thank you again Julie,
Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

merchi

Post by merchi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Carrie!

WAY back in 2008 you posted this schedule for Bigger with your son Shaw:
Carrie wrote: 2007-2008 Shaw Grade 3 "Bigger Hearts..." Schedule
9:10-9:30 Quiet Time: Read one Bible story. Do one page of Greek. Do one page of Cheerful Cursive. (in morning room)
9:30-9:45 Chores: Take out garbages, put away silverware, wipe baby's tray, dust bust kitchen rug/floor.
9:45-10:05 Level 2/3 Drawn into the Heart of Reading (with mom at the kitchen table)
10:05-10:25 Math (with mom at the kitchen counter)
10:25-11:00 Bigger Hearts Reading About History box, Bible Study box, and bottom left activity box (with mom in morning room)
11:00-11:35 Computer CD (from among my pre-selected choices)
11:35-12:20 Recess (everyone outside unless it's raining)
12:20-12:50 Bigger Hearts Grammar, dictation, poetry (with mom in morning room)
12:50-1:15 Lunch (Sing hymn prior to eating and mom reads aloud Storytime box at lunch) Chores: Clear table after lunch.
1:15-1:35 Bigger Hearts Science (at kitchen counter)
1:35-2:05 Play with Greyson (educational games from cupboard)
2:05-2:35 (at kitchen table with mom and other boys) Mon.: Poetry, Tues.: Art Appreciation, Wed.: Color the Classics, Thurs.: Nature Journal
I thought it really interesting that you added in Greek, Art Appreciation, Color the Classics and a Nature Journal - all very CM and yet not scheduled or even suggested in Bigger.

Did you only do it that one time with Shaw or have you done it with the other boys as well? Just last November 2010 you posted a full speed Beyond schedule (morphing into half-speed Bigger) with Greyson, but none of the additional things were in that schedule - did you feel they were unnecessary or took too much time or were you just not able to keep up with them?

Someplace else... I don't know where I found it... you posted your Bigger "stride" times, and again the extras were not mentioned.

I'm trying to work out my schedule now for Bigger and I would love to add in those same things (well, maybe Spanish instead of Greek, but you know what I mean! :D ) SO - I'm curious if you used a particular curriculum for Art Appreciation and why you chose Greek?

Thanks for answering my nosy - I mean curious, questions!
Blessings,
*Ü*
Karen
Wife to Patrick, mom to Jessica, Joshua, Alyssa, Jordan, Josiah <--- all graduated
Bethany (WG) and Benjamin (Rev2Ref)
Grandmom to Gabrielle, Isabella, Gianna and Joe-Joe.

merchi

Post by merchi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Oh! Carrie... I forgot to ask...

Would you mind posting your half-speed Bigger schedule? And if you have a full-speed Bigger (if it's any different from the 2007-2008 schedule) would you please post that as well?

Thank you!
Blessings,
*Ü*
Karen
Wife to Patrick, mom to Jessica, Joshua, Alyssa, Jordan, Josiah <--- all graduated
Bethany (WG) and Benjamin (Rev2Ref)
Grandmom to Gabrielle, Isabella, Gianna and Joe-Joe.

Mom of Three

Post by Mom of Three » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Do any of you find that as soon as you write a schedule out, your children's needs change and the schedule no longer works?
2 daughters in Beyond Little Hearts and CLE Math

1 daughter in Creation to Christ and Teaching Textbooks Math

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 am

Mom of Three wrote:Do any of you find that as soon as you write a schedule out, your children's needs change and the schedule no longer works?
I like to put a lot of thought into what I think will really work for a schedule first, planning a bit longer for each block of time to account for learning the routine of boxes of plans and of our day. After a few days to a week or so, I can tell what needs to be tweaked, but usually it's not an entire revamping of the schedule, but rather moving this or that around a bit. :D Then, that schedule works for me about half of the year. :D I always tweak my schedule about mid-year it seems, especially if we had a baby/toddler, as they often grow leaps and bounds and change their daily habits. :D About mid-year, everyone is really into the groove of school, and time has usually fallen off the original schedule. Boxes of plans I needed to train our dc to do well, they have learned and everything just flows more smoothly. Looking back, I think I've posted my beginning schedule and a revised one about halfway through most of my years of homeschooling. :D Really the order of the day is about the same, but we just finish more quickly. So the routine remains very much the same, but the times we are doing things shortens up, and possibly one or two things may be switched around. So all and all, the general gist of the schedule works all year long, but some little tweaking is needed the first week or so, and mid-year or so. Here's an example of what I'm trying to explain...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8140&p=59286

HTH! :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie