The Reading Lesson

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marsha

The Reading Lesson

Post by Marsha » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Do you like the cd or not? Is it worth it?
Miranda 15 on July 4th
Cassandra 12
Jonathan 10
Sarah 8
Hannah 6
Rachel 4
Abigail 2
Rebecca born in Sept.

water2wine

Re: The Reading Lesson

Post by water2wine » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:07 pm

I personally loved it. My two kids also loved it. I used it as a reward for doing the lesson. They begged to do it. But also understand that we are a family that does not really do computer games so it was a treat for them. As far as learning I feel it helps as well. So to me well worth the money. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:25 pm

We really enjoyed the cd as well. We used it has kind of a reward for passing certain sections. Since the book is black and white, it's kind of nice too :D . I think it's worth it!

LeAnna :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

3xblessed

Post by 3xblessed » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:04 pm

We like it! She doesn't use it all the time, but it is nice to have because it goes over the exact words that are in the book. On the days, I don't feel like she was really paying attention I have encouraged her to play it so that it would reinforce what we did in the book.
Tiffany
Excited about 1st year with HOD.
HS'ing mom to:
DD (8) Bigger Hearts
DD (5) Little Hearts
DS (3) working on letters, shapes, etc