It is Heart of Dakota..... YES!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Teena6

It is Heart of Dakota..... YES!

Post by Teena6 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:19 pm

so I want to share the whole story....

in 2008 I started BHFHG with extensions.... for my 11 yr old dd. We didn't finish so we took two years to complete it. She loved it.
I did the same thing with my little boys... who were 5 & 6 yr old.... I did LHFHG.

this year I chose to not do HOD mainly b/c of cost.

My dd is in 7th and she is reading several of the books that Carrie recommends. My boys doing their same phonics/math/language.

We started this week.....

My youngest kept saying "mom, when are we going to do our big book.... when will we sing and do the things (rhymes)?" I asked if he missed it and he said yes. Each day he would ask again!!!

Within just a few hours.... I contacted a friend who did Beyond last year and asked if she still had her stuff... She said yes, said she would bring it to church Wed. night.... so last night was my "box" night/day.

We started today.... they are so excited. We made the earth on the floor.... with the continents.... just wonderful.

Thank you, Carrie.... These two boys are the youngest of six. My oldest three were taught mainly with text books... but my youngest three... have been taught differently. More of a love for learning....

Thanks for letting me share. :)
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Bramble

Re: It is Heart of Dakota..... YES!

Post by Bramble » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:16 pm

That's terrific!!!

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:57 am

Yeah!! Oh, that's awesome. God knows what we need and He is so faithful to provide.
I pray you have a blessed year!
We will be doing Beyond, also :D .
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

pamh

Post by pamh » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:29 pm

I love to hear how God is blessing others, especially during these "tight" times! California is a far travel for Carrie and her family but I sure wish they'd consider coming to one of our HS Conventions so a lot more families would learn about HOD!

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:58 pm

yes God is faithful :)

more and more of my friends..... are using HOD. Two of the friends I introduced to HOD are the ones that encouraged me to come back.....

so thankful for friends.... and this board.

:lol:
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

ShariCA

Post by ShariCA » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Teena!
My little guys are doing the same thing with LHTH. They are so excited! Ben can't hardly talk, but when he was showing me his bean A today he slapped his hands to his cheeks and said, "da uh A-A-Aam, too." :D I'm glad you were able to get it. It really is a great curriculum.
Shari

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Teena,

It's good to see you again! I'm so glad that you've found a way to make HOD work for you! :D We pray your kiddos may be blessed through HOD this year.

Thanks for sharing! Your words touched my heart today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie