Hello Beautiful Girls!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Hello Beautiful Girls!

Post by MamaMary » Sun May 02, 2010 5:14 pm

I am so excited! I graduated my oldest son yesterday. He is off to begin the next chapter in his life. (Technical school for Mass media) and now I can focus on my three younger boys. I am working out a system of combining "Bigger" and "FIAR". I've been looking through your weekly check in's and I can't help but smile. Oh How I've missed my dear HODDIES. (((Big Hugs)))
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

annaz

Re: Hello Beautiful Girls!

Post by annaz » Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Mary! :D
Wow, time goes quick! I follow you on your blog!

Welcome back here!
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Mary,
How exciting for your son! A high school graduate, wow!
I sure have missed seeing you around here. I look forward to seeing you around more this next year.
How is the family? How's Seth doing lately?
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun May 02, 2010 5:33 pm

How exciting! Congratulations! Welcome back. We have missed you! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun May 02, 2010 5:36 pm

My heart smiled when I saw your sweet names.
crlacey wrote: How is the family? How's Seth doing lately?
Sethy has had no more seizures (PRAISE THE LORD) since he began the medication. I truly believe that God intervened on behalf of all of your prayers during that very scary time in our life. It was one year ago in January that he had his first seizure.

I will post my graduation blog once I get it done so you can see pictures of our big day. It was very surreal and bittersweet, yet I feel such a deep peace and I am forever grateful that the Lord allowed me to homeschool him all the way through. Not because I knew all the answers, but because I knew the teacher and He made HIS strength perfect in my weakness.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun May 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi Mary! :D (Smiling & Waving from Kansas!) It's so good to see you here again! Your encouraging, smiling personality is always a welcome sight. :wink:

Rest up from the BIG weekend!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

my2guys

Post by my2guys » Sun May 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Mary! I've missed your happy posts. :D Congratulations on your graduate!
Sharon
2017-2018
Ben (14yo) 8th with MTMM
and
Sam (12yo) 6th with RTR
Have already used and enjoyed: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR & Rev to Rev

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 04, 2010 10:20 am

Hi Mary! :D It's so nice to see you here again, and congrats on graduating that precious ds of yours! :D I'm so glad to hear Seth has not had any more seizures - God is so good. I bet life looks a whole lot better these days with that worry under raps. I have thought of little Seth and you often. This is good news indeed - praise God. :D Thanks for catching us up here, and glad to have you back hon' :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Thank (((you))) for sharing in our Praise with Sethy and his seizures. The Lord used that to Change the way I think. My flesh wants to protect, but God showed me that my spirit needed to learn to surrender. That was a scary moment in our lives.

I am so looking forward to beginning Bigger on Monday. I can't wait to jump back into the weekly check in's;-)

blessedwith2

Post by blessedwith2 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:37 am

Welcome back, Mary! (I occassionally follow your blog and am a fellow Floridian.) Congrats on your oldest graduating! :)

Delia
Delia

DD8 - BLHFHG(left side); BHFHG(right side)
DD4 - LHTH
DS2- tagging along for LHTH; climbing on everything!

lmercon

Post by lmercon » Sat May 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Hello MamaMary!

I'm so glad to "see" you here! I checked your blog a while back to see if you were still with HOD or had moved on to something else. You were very influential in my decision to switch from WinterPromise to HOD, and I'm so thankful that I'm here with HOD. Glad to hear about your oldest ds!

Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

LivinNandByHim

Post by LivinNandByHim » Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 am

I feel such a deep peace and I am forever grateful that the Lord allowed me to homeschool him all the way through. Not because I knew all the answers, but because I knew the teacher and He made HIS strength perfect in my weakness.[/quote]

Thank You, Lord!! What an amazing testimony and reassurance to us who struggle daily with our inadequacies. Oh, the riches of Christ!!! I just love that peace, don't you!!??!! :D

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun May 09, 2010 2:47 pm

LivinNandByHim wrote: Thank You, Lord!! What an amazing testimony and reassurance to us who struggle daily with our inadequacies. Oh, the riches of Christ!!! I just love that peace, don't you!!??!! :D
Amen! If I had to sum that statement up in a verse it would be, "His Strength was made perfect in my weakness". Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness.

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun May 09, 2010 2:50 pm

lmercon wrote:Hello MamaMary!

I'm so glad to "see" you here! I checked your blog a while back to see if you were still with HOD or had moved on to something else. You were very influential in my decision to switch from WinterPromise to HOD, and I'm so thankful that I'm here with HOD. Glad to hear about your oldest ds!

Laura
Laura, I am so glad that HOD was a fit for you. Praise the Lord from whom ALL blessings flow. I am not absolutely sure HE'S given me the green light for HOD this year, but I am going to do it now through June and test drive while I wait. I want to do it. I think I'm going to do it, but I've learned to wait on Him because I can only see today and HE knows what's coming down the road.

Blessings to you sweet Mama,
Mary