Thought I would share my scheduling/workboxes

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Re: Thought I would share my scheduling/workboxes

Post by Tree House Academy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:58 am

We have used it exclusively for 2 weeks now. However, I have done some other versions of it over the last year.

Here is the link to the website where I got it. They have other options as well:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/rewardcharts.php

And this should be a direct link to the savable pdf - http://www.bubhub.com.au/rewardcharts/reward4.pdf

Rebecca
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

MommyG

Post by MommyG » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:35 am

Thanks Rebecca!
BUT ... did you relize that it is a TRAIN?!! LOL :lol: :mrgreen:

Mindi
Mindi ~ Growing Love, Children, and Gardens in WI.

MommyG

Post by MommyG » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Rebecca,
I saw a glimpse of your timeline on the Weekly check in board. I would love to see and know how you did it. Or where you got the idea? Is it in a notebook? or file folder?
Thanks again Mama! :wink:

Mindi
Mindi ~ Growing Love, Children, and Gardens in WI.

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:01 pm

Rebecca, I LOVED how you set up your workboxes without boxes! Did you make that or buy that or already own that?
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:18 pm

MommyG wrote:Thanks Rebecca!
BUT ... did you relize that it is a TRAIN?!! LOL :lol: :mrgreen:

Mindi

LOL - yes, I knew it was a train. I just thought the pictures may be too small for some to make it out so I said "...looks like little rocks." ;)
MommyG wrote:Rebecca,
I saw a glimpse of your timeline on the Weekly check in board. I would love to see and know how you did it. Or where you got the idea? Is it in a notebook? or file folder?
Thanks again Mama! :wink:

Mindi

It is in the file folder that Carrie suggested in the manual. I did the grid on the computer to make sure I got all of the boxes the same size and then I printed them and pasted them to a folder. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:21 pm

MamaMary wrote:Rebecca, I LOVED how you set up your workboxes without boxes! Did you make that or buy that or already own that?
I had it custom built...by my father-in-law and my husband. :) It was my personal design. However, I am sure you can buy a set of "cubby" shelves from a teacher supply type store and do the same thing. Another thing that would work, if you like the longer slots rather than the box-ish ones on the bottom - is to get one of those office mail slot shelves like this one http://www.ergoindemand.com/office_mail_sorters.htm. :)
~Rebecca~

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 am

This was the awesome schedule and setup thread everyone was searching for yesterday. :)
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K
2- 1yr olds- dancing and singing along

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:45 pm

LOVE it!!

Doesn't HOD work so wonderfully with workboxes?! We also use them!
For my "lesson planning", all I basically have to do it number the boxes in the HOD manual, then put the appropriate materials in each workbox to correspond with the HOD boxes. I put the manual in the first box that needs it (after math!), and our dd can do so much independently that way. :) Makes it easy for me to make sure we have everything we need for the next day, too. :D
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 am

So, are you planning on just buying another manual for the next child or is it not specific to that child and can be reused?

Looks incredible, but I'm exhausted from thinking about doing all of that. :) I'm going to take some of your ideas though, I feel like we're constantly trying to find things and I'm still trying to get my feet on using these manuals. I love them though. I've just not taken the time to really get things set-up, it's been so busy around here and I just really wanted to start!

Nancy
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:35 pm

This looks great! :D But still like too much planning for me to wrap my brain around. :shock: I think I need to hire someone to come over and do this in my house when we get that far into our hs journey! :oops:

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:39 pm

While my workboxes have stayed the same, my planning has gotten to be much LESS. I should do an updated thread and show my much less difficult system.
~Rebecca~

Daph

Post by Daph » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:39 pm

That's weird, my last post didn't post. LOL

Don't you love workboxes? I just had to blog about mine last year. Both my daughter and I love them.
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)