Doh -I Just did the wrong day

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
spidermansmum

Doh -I Just did the wrong day

Post by spidermansmum » Fri May 08, 2009 8:24 am

I had read through the weeks lesson plans at the weekend and made a note to check we had eggs .I even told DS we were going to do an eggy activity[he had seen an experiment about air bags with an egg and a skateboard that he was keen to do ]I knew we were doing the wagons travelling west- :oops:
So I read about Abe lincoln and the flat boat and at the time I remeber thinking well thats odd,we are doing an activity on carrying an egg today .I was wondering how an egg fit into the story-other than eggs and bacon are nice together :| :? Somehow during the school day my book mark moved to the next day,I ended up the wrong page and.I read -week 30 day 1 instead week 29 day 5 :oops:

Now Im trying to decide whether to do todays lesson today as well as next weeks monday that we have already done or to do todays lesson on monday :?
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

gratefulmama

Re: Doh -I Just did the wrong day

Post by gratefulmama » Fri May 08, 2009 8:30 am

spidermansmum,
That's funny! I like your expressions. Thanks for sharing and making me smile!
:D Victoria
Wife to my hero for 17 yrs
Blessed to be a mom through the beautiful gift of adoption 4x!
DS (10/03) CTC, DITHOR
DS (5/05) CTC, DITHOR
DD (5/08) LHFHG
DD (02/11)

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Fri May 08, 2009 8:54 am

why not just do the fun experiment today ... and do the missed day on Monday.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun May 10, 2009 10:08 pm

spidermansmum wrote:I had read through the weeks lesson plans at the weekend and made a note to check we had eggs .I even told DS we were going to do an eggy activity[he had seen an experiment about air bags with an egg and a skateboard that he was keen to do ]I knew we were doing the wagons travelling west- :oops:
So I read about Abe lincoln and the flat boat and at the time I remeber thinking well thats odd,we are doing an activity on carrying an egg today .I was wondering how an egg fit into the story-other than eggs and bacon are nice together :| :? Somehow during the school day my book mark moved to the next day,I ended up the wrong page and.I read -week 30 day 1 instead week 29 day 5 :oops:

Now Im trying to decide whether to do todays lesson today as well as next weeks monday that we have already done or to do todays lesson on monday :?
Too funny - we've all had days like this. Glad I'm not alone in my mishaps! :lol: I am laughing out loud here at your "eggs and bacon" comment. Very funny! :lol: Maybe you could transport the egg on the flatboat (with a side of bacon) next? :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Mon May 11, 2009 7:35 am

Yes, I've done that too!

Glad I'm not the only one! HAHA

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon May 11, 2009 8:40 am

Glad I am not alone.We did the egg carrying today.It went really well.Nathan was throwing that tub around and the egg was completely safe .Great experiment Carrie
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue May 12, 2009 3:47 pm

We loved that activity too! My boys were very tough on their egg, yet it remained unbroken. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie