Purchasing HOD curriculum ?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Rebecca

Purchasing HOD curriculum ?

Post by Rebecca » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:19 am

Do you purchase online or at convention? Does HOD bring all their curriculum to the conventions they attend? What do YOU prefer??

Thanks!
Rebecca

Kathleen

Re: Purchasing HOD curriculum ?

Post by Kathleen » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Last year I went to a convention, and brought home most of what I needed for Bigger. It sure was fun to come home with so many great books!! :D I'm planning to go to the convention in KC again, but I'm going to wait and order LHFHG and Preparing online. If you buy your things at a convention, you'll have to pay local sales tax. If you order online, and don't live in SD, you don't pay sales tax but pay shipping. For me the shipping charge is less than the sales tax I'd pay in Kansas City.

Now, I just have to wait until July. :D
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:54 pm

HOD doesn't go to alot of conventions. So if they are coming to yours that is a bonus. They don't come to ours so I buy online.

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 am

Well, I would prefer going to a convention, just so I could see everything and meet Carrie! :D :D :D Since there aren't any in my area, I have had to be content with ordering online. I have placed two orders so far, and they been delivered quickly and accurately.

Blessings,

Joy
Using LHFHG, and lovin' it!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Rebecca wrote:Do you purchase online or at convention? Does HOD bring all their curriculum to the conventions they attend? What do YOU prefer??

Thanks!
Rebecca
HOD does bring all of their curriculum to the conventions. If they sell out of curriculum at conventions, they will ship it to you for free. So, by ordering it at conventions, you save on shipping. As Kathleen pointed out, there is sales tax though, which for some states can add up to as much as shipping. The best way to save some bucks overall - whether at conventions or not - is to order HOD packages. They note the savings per packages in their catalog and also online - it really adds up. Often, you save enough by buying a package that you are actually getting a book or more for "free" in each package (due to the savings built in packages). :wink:

In Christ, :D
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:43 pm

I've already mailed in my registration $$$ for the Arlington, tx fair. even though I have alot of the books for Preparing-- only a few left to find. If I cant find them gently used before the homeschool, I'll buy them then.

Can't wait!

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:37 am

Im in England-so online is my only option-I have never been to a homeschool convention.I bet they are good fun though.So I order online here and my box arrives a short while later.I love box day though.
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD