Carrie: Can't wait to see the Ancients sample week pages!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
moedertje

Re: Carrie: Can't wait to see the Ancients sample week pages!!

Post by moedertje » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:21 pm

If votes are taken I vote YES for COLOR! A CD option sounds wonderful as well, what a great idea! Just in case we mess up a page we can redo it! The upside for us is that we will only have to buy 1 per family and the down side is that HOD will only sell 1 per family, but for a good price it might be worth it for both!
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Yes I think color would be our preference here too. I would also like a CD with the option to print as many copies as needed. If the CD was an option then you could have both options of color or B&W on the CD too.
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:46 pm

color is good. I don't believe Carrie will be putting out a CD though, she has said in the past that a CD would open up a host of copyright issues.

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:03 pm

I can so live without a CD :D I will be using HOD no matter what. :mrgreen:
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

gestep

Post by gestep » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:25 pm

We are visual people here, so I definitely vote for color! I still copy/print color pictures in B&W and although they do not have the visual appeal of color they are still quite usable.

Gina

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:53 pm

You ladies are so fun! :D I love color too. Originally, we were planning to have the notebook be in black and white and were trying to decide whether to allow copying within families of the notebooking pages. On a sidenote, we've had quite the copyright issues with allowing Drawn into the Heart of Reading Student Books to be copied for family use. We've actually run into all sorts of moms who have purchased our Student Books used in a photocopy format! :wink:

Anyway, we had pretty much decided not to allow photocopying of the Student Notebooking pages, based on our experiences with DITHR. So that opened the door to colored pages. We again entertained the idea of putting them on CD but that's another copyright issue we just would rather not deal with at this point. It also becomes something for us to provide technical support to go along with printing from the CD's and troubleshooting if they're not working properly, which in all honesty is not something we desire to add to our plate right now.

So, we're looking at colored pages in a hardcopy of the notebook only right now. Color copying on heavier weight paper with 3-hole punching and shrink wrapping is expensive! Not to mention the graphic design fees to lay out something of this magnitude in full color. Anyway, those are our barriers. :wink: We're leaning in the full-color direction though, because I love color too. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 pm

I'd definantly be willing to pay more for colour, down the road.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

jg_puppy

Post by jg_puppy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Do you think you will you have samples ready at the conferences in May?
Jan

Bibliophile

Post by Bibliophile » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:00 pm

That's OK, I don't like CDs anyway. I like to touch and hold the books in my hand. :mrgreen: My oldest is the same way. So, I vote for COLOR! :D

netpea

Post by netpea » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:20 pm

Carrie wrote:On a sidenote, we've had quite the copyright issues with allowing Drawn into the Heart of Reading Student Books to be copied for family use. We've actually run into all sorts of moms who have purchased our Student Books used in a photocopy format! :wink:
How awful for you Carrie. I am grateful you allowed the copying of the DITHOR workbook. I made a copy for my ds knowing that I will be able to use it again for dd. But I have no intention of violating copyright and trying to resell it.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Ladies,

I'm excited to say that we'll go with color for the Student Notebooking pages. I had to make a final decision late last night, as the catalog is ready to go to the printer! HOORAY! :D

The notebook price will go up to $19.95 though. Our graphic designer will start laying it out this week. It will be a project that will take months! :wink: So, the notebooks will ship with the guides Aug. 1.

We will have the sample first week of plans of the CTC guide at the conventions though. :D We'll see if we can also get some samples of the notebooks.

Blessings,
Carrie

Johanna

Post by Johanna » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:35 pm

I Vote COLOR too!!! But, a cd would be a great idea!!!

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Carrie wrote:The notebook price will go up to $19.95 though.
I don't think going from $13.50 for black and white to $19.95 for color is a big deal. I'm glad you went with color! :D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Me too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Carly

Post by Carly » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:54 pm

It sounds like everything is really coming together, Carrie!
Thanks for your diligence in getting things ready for us to see
and touch. I'll be at the convention in May and look forward to
spending time pouring over your HOD materials!
God bless,
Carly