I just want to say...,

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

I just want to say...,

Post by MamaMary » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:44 pm

We had the most lovely day learning about the Pilgrims and England and the continents. I love HOD..., aaaahhhhhhhh :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Samuel'sMommy

Re: I just want to say...,

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Glad you had fun!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:26 pm

So glad Miss Mary. I am glad you have peace and some relaxation in life. :D We've missed you!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MainelyJen

Post by MainelyJen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:36 am

I agree. Ahhhhhhhh. . ..

Just seeing the manual resting on my table makes me smile!
~ Jennifer
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/JennyMaine

Catherine, 14, Where Brook and River Meet
Samuel, 12, Preparing Hearts

Leslie in TN

Post by Leslie in TN » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:02 am

We too have so many of those kind of days with HOD.. aren't we blessed? :D

What week of Beyond are you on, Mary? We also had some major interruptions, so we are just on week 15.
Leslie in TN
Mama to Eva & Laura (16) and Samuel (14)

Currently using: World Geography with VideoText Algebra
Veterans of Rev2Rev, CTC, PHFHG and BLHFHG

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:32 am

Us too Leslie, we are on week 14 :shock:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Candice

Post by Candice » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:51 am

MamaMary wrote:We had the most lovely day learning about the Pilgrims and England and the continents. I love HOD..., aaaahhhhhhhh :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yay Mary!!!!! :D
HOD is such a joy!

I'm part of a small HS group that that has quite a few members who are very open to finding "the curiculum" and I find myself literally getting giddy when I pull out my HOD catalog and start to excitedly share all that can be had by utilizing HOD. It's crazy, but sometimes I feel like I can't get my words out fast enough when I have a little crowd standing around listening to me sputter on about how wonderful HOD is!
Wish I could get that excited about housekeeping! :lol:

Here's to many more "lovely days of learning" Mary!

Candice
:D

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

I'm so glad you had a great day! Those are the times and memories that help us get through the difficult days. It's those little pieces of "sprinkled sunshine" that really help get me through, and I know Beyond is leading us through it. :)
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:56 pm

I love warm fuzzy days like that! So glad you had such a productive and wonderful day, Miss Mary Mack. I pray for many more as you finish up this year. :D
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 pm

We had an great day too, as we're planning for our little medieval feast tomorrow in Preparing Hearts. We made "trenchers" yesterday which were bread plates (that now must get hard and stale). Tomorrow we're having our feast, and Shaw's making his menu today. He even chose to do an illuminated letter at the top of his menu (all on his own) after our illuminated letter research done in Preparing earlier in the week.

Tomorrow we're having cheese, apples/pears/grapes tossed in cinnamon and sugar, peas, cold ham, and almond pudding. This is an authentic style medieval meal served one course at a time on the "trencher" as a plate (with only knives as utensils). The meal will also includes juggling and singing in the middle of the courses. My kiddos are practicing these tonight. At the end of the meal the kiddos must take a bite of the trencher and then decide whether to give it to the poor, eat it themselves, or throw it to the dogs. :D

I hope your week's are going well too! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Mary - I totally agree! :D Gotta love those days where you're totally enjoying being immersed in what God wants you to do!

Carrie - I love your "teaser"! :wink: I love what we're doing now...and next year sounds like a blast! :D We've had a little juggling practice going on here, too...but it's not ready to perform between meal courses, yet. Grant's current technic is to hurl the ball hard and fast at the 9 ft ceiling to have it come smashing back down at him - or an innocent bystander! :shock: I mentioned maybe going a little lighter with the tosses. :lol: Maybe by next year though our medievil dinner won't need helmets. :wink: (Or we could protect ourselves with our trenchers!) Have a fun meal!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Carrie, when you talked about there being singing and juggling I have no idea why, but my first thought was that you and Mike were going to do this for the boys :lol: I hope you take pictures. That sounds like a wonderful day.

I can't wait to post my week in review. I learned how to use my camera as a digital recorder and to upload it to my blog. I have the boys sharing "LIVE" what they are learning. (memory verse/continents/snakes) Now no one's safe. Mary's there with her recorder :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Kathleen and Mary,

You ladies have me laughing outright! :lol: :lol: I can relate to the juggling story Kathleen, as no one is safe here either. Shaw has been juggling for awhile, and we've been through 3 sets of juggling balls that have their seams coming apart. I wonder why!?! Shaw had a boomerang last summer too, and my hubby had the kiddos wear helmets in the backyard (literally) whenever Shaw flung it. We finally had to put it away for fear he'd hurt one of the neighbor kids or dogs! :wink:

On a different note, Mary, the image of Mike and I singing and juggling is TOO funny! That really would be comic relief. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 pm

Oh, Carrie, I'm picturing your boomerang experiences and laughing out loud here! :lol: (Note to self NOT to put a boomerang on the birthday list...) You know, maybe when Shaw and Grant grow up they can get together for a comedy act. They both love to talk...and throw things! :lol:

Now, if you and Mike do sing and juggle, you're going to let Julie teach you how to post pictures, right?!? We just couldn't miss that one! :wink:

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

I just had to chime in... It is so lovely and encouraging to hear about what is in the upcoming guides and how much you and your families are having doing school. I can picture laughter, dancing, singing and did I mention laughter?

Dina has many imaginary friends and children, and today she was sharing the Gospel with them! :D :D It was amazing to hear her so clearly state the Gospel. She also "homeschools" her little ones!! Her imagination is so precious to me and I am thankful to God that she does not have to be in PS, where it could be squashed like a bug or a nuisance. We look forward to many years with HOD.

Nancy
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017