update on daughters reading

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
April

update on daughters reading

Post by April » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:57 pm

I wrote earlier about being concerned daughter may be dyslexic (she would sound out a word like nap and then say pan). I took her to a developmental optometrist and started her on eye therapy once a month in the office and I do exercises with her daily. What a difference it has made. I didn't even practice reading with her for over a week when we first started doing the exercises and then when I did work on some phonics with her, it went so much better.
mom to three
G 7/03, Z 1/04, A 7/05

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: update on daughters reading

Post by Carrie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Oh April,

Thank you SO much for updating us on this. I was wondering what you decided to do and how your little sweetie was doing. Praise the Lord for giving you the answer you needed! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:31 pm

April that is wonderful! How great they were able to find something that would make a difference. So happy for you! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

I'm so glad for you and your daughter. I bet she'll be so excited about reading (without the words swimming all over the page)! :D Thanks for sharing the good news.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Mandy in TN

Post by Mandy in TN » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:23 am

Very cool! :D
Mandy

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Glad to hear things are going better. It's such a challenge finding the right 'solution' to a reading problem. I'm excited for both you and your daughter and the new reading road you're on! :lol:

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:15 pm

April,

So glad to hear she's doing better. I know how you feel. My 9.5 year old son is just able to read 3 letter cvc words at this point but we are plugging along and I can't wait until I can post and say that he was able to knock back a book mostly on his own WITH comprehension!

Rejoicing with you!
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com