First week with Preparing

If you have used "Preparing Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
simplyhome

First week with Preparing

Post by simplyhome » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:37 pm

We have just finished our first week with PHFHG! It has been fantastic. My 9 yr old dd has enjoyed every minute of it. She has asked for weeks when we are going to start school - all those juicy books were just calling her name! We will be starting LHTH in the next few weeks with my K4 ds and 2 yr old dd. We are looking forward to a wonderful year. This will be our 5th year of hsing and I finally feel we have the right curriculum. I look forward to getting to know all of you fellow HODies. I have learned so much about HOD by reading your posts over the last few months and now we get to be a part of it!

Casey
Casey
happy mom of
Hannah, 9, (PHFHG)
Caleb, 4 (LHTH)
Sarah, 2 (LHTH)

water2wine

Re: First week with Preparing

Post by water2wine » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:07 pm

Welcome Casey! I was just looking at the Preparing TM and it does look awesome. So glad you found HOD. I know exactly what you mean by finally having found the right curriculum. I wish so much we had started with HOD. But we are here now. :D Glad your first week was blessed! Gald to have you as a fellow HODie!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carly

Post by Carly » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:23 pm

Glad it's going well for you, Casey!!
Keep on sharing the good reports.
Carly

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:42 pm

Casey, how exciting! So glad you have found something that works for your family.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:39 am

Casey - you're getting me all fired up to start PHFHG here! I've got to hold off for another 3 weeks though - in the middle of too many loose ends (painting our kitchen and cleaning out our basement, need I say more? :shock: ) Ever seen that old commercial, "Calgon, take me away?" Well, "Preparing... take me away!" :D Thanks for sharing, and I literally can't wait to start!

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:08 pm

Casey,

Thanks so much for getting me geared up to start Preparing with my second son! We're looking forward to it too, once we get our lives in order! :D I'm so glad your sweet daughter is enjoying it! :wink: We pray it will be a blessing to many families. Thanks for sharing! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

simplyhome

Post by simplyhome » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:41 am

Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words. My daughter's best friend got her box in the mail Friday and they are also thrilled with the beautiful book selections and rich teacher manual for Preparing. We are so excited to to have discovered HOD together. Their youngest will be doing LHFHG. Thanks again, Carrie, for such an amazing product. It is so full of life and unlike anything we've ever done before.
Casey
happy mom of
Hannah, 9, (PHFHG)
Caleb, 4 (LHTH)
Sarah, 2 (LHTH)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Casey,

You are SO welcome! :D :D We are thankful everyday for the Lord's continued providence in our life, only He knew where He was leading us! This is certainly nothing we could have ever planned for or imagined ourselves!

We're grateful for all of your prayers! They keep up on track each day. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:05 am

I need someone to hold me back! I haven't been on the board over the summer. Now Preparing is out! I was just about to start Bigger with my 8.5 yo, but now I am sooo tempted to order Preparing! SOmeone tell me to be good and do Bigger first!!!
DS 11 Finished CtoC! Moving on to RtoR!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!
DS 4 All About Reading, R&S preschool workbooks, maybe some Little Hands

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:17 pm

Hold back, Meg! Bigger... is a whole lot of fun too! :D You don't want to miss it! :) :) :)
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:50 am

Thanks, Julie!!! I start on monday, YAY! I know this is terribly unlikely, but in case someone has a copy of Preparing that they want to give up, clearly I am weak and would be a willing buyer. Will Rainbow be selling Preparing soon, or is it just available through HOD?
DS 11 Finished CtoC! Moving on to RtoR!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!
DS 4 All About Reading, R&S preschool workbooks, maybe some Little Hands