It is HERE!!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Valerie

It is HERE!!!!!

Post by Valerie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:52 am

Hey ladies,
I am sooo excieted we just recieve our "Preparing Book"!!!! Now that was fast, August 1st!!! It looks wonderful and I think it is going to jumpstart our school year quite well!! I am using it with my dd who is going to be 10 on the 10th of August. We are also using bhfhg with our 7 yr twin ds. :lol:

Now I just need to get all the kiddos as excieted as I am, and get this thing started!!!!! :lol:

Valerie Miller homeschool mom of 4 boys and 1 beautiful girl and wife of John

Motherjoy

Re: It is HERE!!!!!

Post by Motherjoy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:08 am

Totally jealous!!! We were leaving our neighborhood when we saw the maillady. We waited around for 10 minutes just to see if Preparing came today. I'm not sure I've ever been this excited.

I had planned to start on the 4th, and I was just going to use the sample week. BUt we've got house issues and doc appts next week, so we'll just start on the 11th.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

holyhart

It is HERE!!!!!

Post by holyhart » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 am

YAAAYYYY for box day (and that IS quick!)!!!!

I'm a little jeaslous 'cause I don't have a box day coming up...granted I had mine about 2 months ago...but I want another!!! :lol: :oops: :wink:
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

wdworkman

Post by wdworkman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:18 am

Now I can't wait!!! Our mail never gets here before 4:00, so I'll have to wait all day to see if it's here.

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:23 am

My Preparing Hearts for His Glory book just came today! :D I am really looking forward to using it this school year with my 4th grader.
Dixie
Mom to Five: 3 boys and 2 girls

stellar

YAY!!

Post by stellar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:36 am

I am jealous :-) We are doing Bigger this year, I can't wait to do Preparing.
Enjoy your box day!!!

Kari :mrgreen:

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:43 am

My Preparing Guide just arrived!!! I can't believe how fast the service is with HOD. I am so impressed. :D Thank you so much!!

I am not even using Preparing until next year, but bought it for the Dictation passages and written narration instructions. We are starting Bigger on Monday and can't wait. I gave the kids a preview today of what their school days are going to look like and let them see their new binders and supplies. They were begging to start with all their schoolwork today! Thank you, Carrie! I can't wait until Monday! And I get to look forward to opening Preparing tonight after the kids go to bed!! :wink:
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:16 pm

Oh Me Too! I just love it! Carrie, you did such a wonderful job! I really like how she bridges from dependent learning to INdependent! It's just beautiful..., (((Homeschooling mom happy face))) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:08 pm

My Preparing guide just arrived too! :D
I am so excited! I'm going to grab a Dr. Pepper (too hot here for coffee right now :) ) and sit down to read.
Thank you Carrie! :)

Allison

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:03 pm

OH my! How exciting!!!! And right on time just as promised. Gotta love that! :D Wait...It's actually early! Wow! OK you guys have to tell us about it after you look at it. :wink:
Last edited by water2wine on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:04 pm

happy for you! Box day is so much fun.

wdworkman

Post by wdworkman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:02 pm

It didn't come today :cry: I'll be waiting for the mailman on Monday.

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Mine came yesterday too! Yippeee!! But I didn't get to open the box until today <talk about patience building!>VBS week here for us and last night was the Parent presentation, so it was a long day.
I can't wait to get started with it. We're going to have our "First Day Back to School" on Monday, Aug 4, but it's more of a fun day for us here. We like to get back into the routine slowly. :)
Hope everyone else gets theirs soon!
Charlene
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Oh Ladies, I just LOVE your excitement! :D We're SO EXCITED too to have the books out to all of you! :wink: Now, we can get down to planning out our school year (and finishing all of our house projects that we've been waiting to do)! :wink:

We pray that each of your families will be blessed by Preparing Hearts... and that your kiddos will be drawn closer to the Lord through it!

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm. :D

Blessings,
Carrie