New Edition and Notebooking Pages for Preparing?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
cbenner0723

Re: New Edition and Notebooking Pages for Preparing?

Post by cbenner0723 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:16 pm

Carrie wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:47 pm
... I actually ended up having to make two notebooks for Preparing Hearts! ...
Do these notebooks have a section for the science notebook or do we still have to create a separate science notebook for the kiddos? It won't be to hard for me if I do as I created one for my first child and saved the templates. :) But wanted to know before I printed them all out.
Thanks
Carrie Benner
Thanks so much
C Benner
Mom of 6
Wife of a Navy Submariner
Boy 13yr - finished BHFHG and Preparing
Boy 11yo - finished BHFHG and BLHFHG
Girl 7yo - finished LHFHG and partially finished BLHFHG
Boy 3yo
Girl 22 months
Girl 3 months

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Great question! We hope to one day make science notebooking pages, but for the time being none of our guides have published science notebook pages. :D Creating professionally designed science notebook pages to go with our guides is a project that is definitely on my radar though! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

cbenner0723

Post by cbenner0723 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:14 am

Carrie wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Creating professionally designed science notebook pages to go with our guides is a project that is definitely on my radar though! :D

Blessings,
Carrie
If you need any ideas I can send you my templates :)
Thanks so much
C Benner
Mom of 6
Wife of a Navy Submariner
Boy 13yr - finished BHFHG and Preparing
Boy 11yo - finished BHFHG and BLHFHG
Girl 7yo - finished LHFHG and partially finished BLHFHG
Boy 3yo
Girl 22 months
Girl 3 months

Rice

Post by Rice » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:27 pm

Carrie wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Great question! We hope to one day make science notebooking pages, but for the time being none of our guides have published science notebook pages. :D Creating professionally designed science notebook pages to go with our guides is a project that is definitely on my radar though! :D

Blessings,
Carrie
Except for the Inventor study in Rev2Rev! :D
Blessings
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

The2youngs

Post by The2youngs » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Any updates on when these are coming? Last I was told it was supposed to be end of December, but now we're at the end of January and still no news! :? My youngest is already looking forward to beginning Preparing! :D
Heather
Wife to Brandon for 19 years, Mommy, and Missionary in PNG

In 2023-2024:
DS 16 in US1 with a couple DE classes,
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:44 pm

The2youngs wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:47 pm
Any updates on when these are coming? Last I was told it was supposed to be end of December, but now we're at the end of January and still no news! :? My youngest is already looking forward to beginning Preparing! :D
Hello! We appreciate your patience! We know it's been a while, but we've been working hard to wrap this project up. I'm excited to say that we just received them at our warehouse and are in the final stages of prepping them for the official release.

...be on the lookout for a big announcement through our email list and blog tomorrow. :D

The2youngs

Post by The2youngs » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:45 pm

Thanks, RookieAce!

Just saw them on the website and they look lovely! I also saw Carrie's recommendation to use the new guide with the two new sets of notebook pages. But, I have a question...

In looking at the preview photo and comparing the notebook sets with my OLD Preparing guide, it looks like the Student Notebook set might match up easily, while the Independent History notebook wouldn't work quite so well (I couldn't figure out what would go in the various boxes of the Independent History notebook pages shown in the preview). Is that accurate? For those of us who cannot afford to purchase both the note booking sets AND a new guide, I wondered if just using the new Student Notebook set would be feasible with our old guides. Can you speak to how well they would line up?

I realize that HOD is willing to give 50% off the cost of a new guide if we return an old guide that was purchased from HOD, and I can appreciate the value of that trade-in. However, in our case (and I suspect others' as well), that trade isn't feasible at this time. :-) If you could address how well each of the notebooks line up with the old guide, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!
Heather

In 2023-2024:
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:10 pm

Good afternoon!

I'd be happy to answer your questions!

For more helpful details about the new PHFHG guide and the new notebooks, I'll link Carrie's email newsletter below:

https://www.heartofdakota.com/blog/2021 ... and-guide/

I've seen the new guide and the notebooks, and I truly think all are worth having, especially with Mike and Carrie offering the half-off Guide Exchange Program! However, we know budgets impact decisions too. Carrie and I both feel the new guide is definitely needed for the new Independent Student Notebook Pages. For the new Student Notebook Pages, the first week of plans of the new PHFHG guide could be printed off from our website at the following link:
https://www.heartofdakota.com/newpdfs/P ... n-2020.pdf

You could try to follow the pattern of the first week of plans to use the new Student Notebook Pages with an older PHFHG guide. It won't be as open-and-go, but if you are on a tight budget, you could give that a try!

Otherwise, if you are on a really tight budget, your old guide will work just fine! Carrie and I used the old PHFHG guide with (combined) 6 of our own sons and loved it! It remains one of our favorite guides, and we hear that comment from many other homeschool families as well!

No matter which of these ways you end up using PHFHG, we pray you love your time in it as much as we did!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

The2youngs

Post by The2youngs » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:40 am

Julie,

Thanks so much for this info! I’m looking forward to our last go-round with Preparing next year!

Thank you and the HOD team for all your hard work! 😊
Heather

In 2023-2024:
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:20 pm

The2youngs wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:40 am
Julie,

Thanks so much for this info! I’m looking forward to our last go-round with Preparing next year!

Thank you and the HOD team for all your hard work! 😊
So glad to have helped! I hope you enjoy the new notebooking pages, and thanks for the encouragement you give to us and to other ladies on this board! It is much appreciated!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie