Transition from Singapore to Principles of Mathematics

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Johnhazle

Transition from Singapore to Principles of Mathematics

Post by Johnhazle » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:27 am

I was wondering if anyone has any input from the transition from Singapore to Principles of Mathematics. How is the transition from one the the other? I’m debating between Principles of Mathematics and Teaching textbooks

spiderpetal

Re: Transition from Singapore to Principles of Mathematics

Post by spiderpetal » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:36 pm

The transition has been smooth for us. Principles of mathematics starts off slowly with lots of math history and application. It builds as you go. We have really enjoyed the history and apologetics in the beginning of the first book. I have never used TT so I can’t compare.

HTH

Kristen

Robbi

Post by Robbi » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:49 am

I haven't done TT but I have 2 that have successfully came up through Singapore and switched to Principles of Mathmatics. It went great. I actually like Principles better. I have one that has gone on to algebra and geometry just fine. The other is still in Principles and is doing great.
Robbi
DD 19 Graduated from HOD
DS 15 USI & II combo
DS 10 RTR
DS 8 Preparing
We have now used all the guides!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:08 pm

We found the transition to Principles of Mathematics to go well too! :D We went from Singapore 6A/6B right into Principles of Mathematics 2. Then, we went on to our high school level math. All went seamlessly. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 pm

My son, Riley, found the transition from Singapore 6A/6B to Principles of Mathematics Book 2 to be smooth as well! He enjoyed Principles of Mathematics, and then transitioned to Foerster's Algebra I, then Geometry: A Guided Inquiry, and now MathHelp.com Algebra II - all with great success! Hope you enjoy Principles of Mathematics as well!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie