Preparing Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Lindykay99

Preparing Question

Post by Lindykay99 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:42 pm

I am trying to decide if I should wait to buy materials for Preparing so that I can get the new guide or if I Should purchase now to have more time to be organized. Will there be a lot of differences? New books? Different assignments? Thank you!

my3sons

Re: Preparing Question

Post by my3sons » Fri May 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Hello!

I'd be glad to help! The predominant change to the new PHFHG guide will the addition of pre-printed, full-color notebooking pages. Due to Mike and Carrie's son, Greyson's medical concerns and other books that need to be replaced requiring Carrie's attention, we are hoping to have the new PHFHG's notebooking pages and new guide available either this fall or spring 2020. Carrie's plan is to have the new notebooking pages still match 75-80% of the old guide's plans, just as she did with Bigger Heart's new notebooking pages. Greyson has been hospitalized over 125 days off and on thus far, so we are learning to put everything in God's timing. We would love to put a deadline out there, but we cannot see what is ahead for Greyson. We have used Preparing Hearts for His Glory with our own sons as it is written and thoroughly enjoyed it! It functions beautifully! So while we are excited about making new notebooking pages for Preparing Hearts, the guide is able to be used as written and enjoyed now. We have heard from many people that it is their favorite guide! We pray you will enjoy it too!

In Christ,
Julie Grosz, M. Ed.
Heart of Dakota
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm

Also, I should mention that we make important announcements about updates such as these in our email newsletters. If you are not signed up for it, you may want to do so by clicking the link below and then by responding to the email you are sent to sign up...

Want the latest news and updates about Heart of Dakota?
https://www.heartofdakota.com/email.php

In Christ,
Julie Grosz, M. Ed.
Heart of Dakota
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Lindykay99

Post by Lindykay99 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:29 pm

Thank you for responding. I am so sorry to hear about Grayson and will be praying for him and the whole Heart of Dakota family. May the Lord bring healing and comfort. I have heard Preparing is wonderful as is as well :)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri May 31, 2019 12:40 pm

Thank you for praying for Greyson! We firmly believe in the power of prayer, so thank you for joining us in lifting him up. We hope you enjoy using Preparing Hearts as much as we have through the years!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie