Multiple children?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Sadykd

Multiple children?

Post by Sadykd » Wed May 30, 2018 10:38 am

Hello, I am new to Heart of Dakota. I am very thankful for a homeschool mom who passed on to me this wonderful curriculum.

Question? I have 3 children in and around the same age and grade. Do I order a book for each? (Preparing hearts for His glory) I have an 10, 9 and 7 year old. My 9 and 7 year olds are in the same grade.

Thank you in advance for pointing me in the right direction in how to order!

StephanieU

Re: Multiple children?

Post by StephanieU » Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 am

First, I would not place a 7yo in Preparing. The guide is written for the advanced or older 8yo and average 9-10yos (with extensions for 11 and 12yos). Most 7yos are best served in beyond, with some being ready for Bigger.

If you look at the placement chart (https://www.heartofdakota.com/placing-your-child.php) for each child, where do they place?

As for what is consumable in Preparing, only the math workbooks are consumable. So you can get away with one copy of everything else. Some families find having extra copies of the deluxe and science packages handy, as those are books used in independent boxes. Some families also get an extra copy of the guide, as students will need to reference it for the independent boxes.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Multiple children?

Post by Carrie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 am

Hello!

We're glad to have you here! Depending on what you discover as you look at the placement chart Stephanie linked above, you could possibly combine your children in Bigger Hearts. If you get a chance to pop back and share where they fit best on the chart that would be great! It would be especially helpful to know where they are in the areas of reading and writing. :D Then, we can brainstorm options!

Blessings,
Carrie