Switching to HOD from MFW

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LovemyARC

Switching to HOD from MFW

Post by LovemyARC » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi, we were using MFW for the past 4 years and we are now switching to HOD. I have bought and received all the books and the guide for Revival to Revolution, which is the year we are going to start with my 6th grader. My question is, if I left off with MFW's Rome to the Reformation, is there anything that I may have to cover before starting this guide? I'm guessing that HOD doesn't exactly follow the same history information timeline as MFW so I'm hoping they overlap, but I'd like to be able to go over what my kids may have missed before starting this. Thanks for your help!

LovingJesus

Re: Switching to HOD from MFW

Post by LovingJesus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:24 pm

I haven't used RTR in either; however, from the table of contents it looks like MFW RTR ends around unit 27 in HOD RTR. Thus, it would only be the last 7 units of RTR that you haven't covered.

My boys love the Diana Waring CDs. They are easy to listen to in the car. If you purchased Volume 2 and listened to it you would be all ready for Volume 3 that Carrie uses in Rev2Rev and MTMM. Further, if you did Pilgrims or American Exploration when they were young they have had a portion of the 7 units.

I hope that helps.

Nealewill

Re: Switching to HOD from MFW

Post by Nealewill » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:55 am

I also don't know how much I would worry about whether or not you missed a few units. When they get to high school, they will cover all of this information again anyway. Welcome to HOD. I hope you love it! We used MFW for a few years and switch to HOD after making it half way through ECC. We love HOD. I hope you do too.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM