Week In Review May 1 - May 5

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

jellybeanmum

Week In Review May 1 - May 5

Post by jellybeanmum » Sun May 07, 2017 5:43 am

Our second lovely week with HOD's Res to Ref. There are so many aspects about HOD that I love, & there are a few I was worried about my boy with but he's met them all very well. After a cold evening at the hockey field we were curled up with cocoa on the sofa Thursday evening when I quietly said, "So, what do you think of your lovely new curriculum?" He replied with, "I love the books, I didn't expect all the writing, but my hands hasn't fallen off yet!" :lol:

Our week in review is here. We didn't get the art project wrapped up so he'll work on that this week. :)

waterandclay

Re: Week In Review May 1 - May 5

Post by waterandclay » Mon May 08, 2017 7:27 am

I'm so happy to see some new faces on these posts :) Thank you for sharing! We are trying to finish our last few weeks well. I'm trying not to notice the warming weather and enjoy our final days of learning this year <3

CtC Unit 33
http://www.monarchroom.com/2017/05/week ... it-33.html

MtMM Unit 33
http://www.monarchroom.com/2017/05/week ... it-33.html

jellybeanmum

Post by jellybeanmum » Mon May 08, 2017 11:53 pm

Aww, warmer weather.. We're headed into the colder darker time of the year where we are.

Oh, my what a beautiful drawing of the coliseum! The boys have an Uncle over that way so they were keen to tell him all the places he should visit so they could live through his photos. ;)

waterandclay

Post by waterandclay » Wed May 10, 2017 2:25 pm

That's wonderful that they have a relative that could tell them about all the sights :) A friend of mine who gets to travel a lot visited Rome recently and told me how they didn't really go to many of the museums because they aren't museum people. Ack! I dream of being able to take my boys there :).