Substitution Help

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
BarcelonaRed

Substitution Help

Post by BarcelonaRed » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:32 pm

I am looking at the Creation to Christ package for a 10 year old boy.

However, I need some advise about a few substitutions. He is currently reading Beechik's Genesis and Plant Life. He also read Galen this year. I like this particular curriculum because I would like to continue on with history from Genesis. Would his history studies be lacking if we just omitted this title or do you have another recommendation?

What would your recommendations be for Science?

Am I trying too hard to make something work that he has already covered?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by BarcelonaRed on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StephanieU

Re: Substitution Help

Post by StephanieU » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Which history title has he already read and studied? I see Galen listed under science...
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:04 pm

History would definitely not be lacking if you don't use the Genesis title. There is still plenty of science without those two books that he has read. Also, by the time he gets to those books in the curriculum, it wouldn't hurt at all to read them again. I know that I need to read things more than once. :)
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

BarcelonaRed

Post by BarcelonaRed » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:03 pm

StephanieU wrote:Which history title has he already read and studied? I see Galen listed under science...
Genesis: Finding our Roots

BarcelonaRed

Post by BarcelonaRed » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Gwenny wrote:History would definitely not be lacking if you don't use the Genesis title. There is still plenty of science without those two books that he has read. Also, by the time he gets to those books in the curriculum, it wouldn't hurt at all to read them again. I know that I need to read things more than once. :)
Thank you. Good to know.