World Geography Girl Set/Boy Set

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ArtsyMommy

World Geography Girl Set/Boy Set

Post by ArtsyMommy » Tue May 31, 2016 9:43 am

I have a student that will be using World Geography this coming school year. But I am wondering, for the books included in the girl set/boy set--can we instead choose our own books for that, or would that not work? If it will work, can you explain how these literature sets are used in the curriculum? Are certain pages assigned to read each day--or how are they integrated into the curriculum?

sahervey

Re: World Geography Girl Set/Boy Set

Post by sahervey » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:14 pm

I used my own Little Women book and it worked. I had forgotten that it wasn't HoD's version until my daughter wondered why there were still plans written for the book she had already finished. Apparently, she used the page numbers from the guide, and finished early. There's no reason you couldn't change the page numbers to fit the plans. If you are reading Little Women for 16 days, then divide the number of pages by that. I think it'll work. I also omitted The Importance of Being Earnest because I wanted my daughter to read The Screwtape Letters instead. It seemed to work just fine!
Amy
Married to a Navy Chaplain
Mom to 4: Addie, Joel, Silas, and Lincoln
AH2
World History
MtMM
Bigger