Watercolors for CTC

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LeAnna

Watercolors for CTC

Post by LeAnna » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:21 pm

What brand of watercolors is everyone using for CTC? I went on Miller Pads and Paper, Rainbow Resource, and Amazon, and I am having trouble finding matches to the colors listed.

Thank you!
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

Mumkins

Re: Watercolors for CTC

Post by Mumkins » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:38 am

7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

Rice

Post by Rice » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:00 am

I bought a package with a 40% off coupon at Michaels here in Canada. They are Reeves brand. I think some of the names may match, but we don't worry about it. We follow the colors (as in "light blue") but don't worry about the actual color name.

We also check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13991 as well as the Monarch Room blog to look at how they followed (or didn't) the instructions and what their finished products looked like. My kids often comment on how they'll try doing X differently, or will try to copy how they did Y, as well as how they did or didn't like their color choices (the Garden for Sarah blog -referenced in the link above- often shows different colors, as she and her daughters often do their paintings slightly differently).

The same is true of our brush choices. We don't always have the exact brush suggested, but will use a #4 instead of a #5, or whatever we have, following the guidelines for a wide brush, round brush, etc.

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Thank you! :)
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!