Which book for Bible in CTC?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LeAnna

Which book for Bible in CTC?

Post by LeAnna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm understanding that we can't order the DK Family Bible, through HOD, correct? In looking at another website, I see the Family Illustrated Bible, by Sally Tagholm or the DK Family Illustrated Bible. Which one would work best along side the plans given for CTC?
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

FiveLittlePeaches

Re: Which book for Bible in CTC?

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi,

You'd probably want to order from HOD so the pages in the book line up with the pages in the manual. We're doing CTC now and loving it. Hope you do, too!

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:11 pm

On the website, it says it isn't available to purchase.
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Carrie lists specific verses in the guide, so you can use any traditional Bible. My understanding is that the new version of what Carrie had recommended has some semi major changes, which is why she is evaluating what to recommend. So personally if I couldn't find a used version of what Carrie has recommended, I would use my child's regular Bible.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Okay, I was thinking about just using my son's Bible, but she mentioned something about name change on the other one. I was just wanting her recommendation for a child's Bible that would work with it, if the other is no longer in print.

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:37 pm

My oldest used her own Bible and my other two will as well. I personally purchased an NIrV for my kids to use for school. It is written to a 3rd grade reading level. For us, this has been perfect. My younger two use theirs when we look up verse for Bible and will many times read their day 5 readings from Bigger out loud from these Bibles. My oldest used hers for CTC last year and it want wonderfully. While the language isn't too challenging, I love that my dd could fully understand her Bible and what it was saying. For church though, our church uses the KJV. We have copies of the NLT, ESV, and NIV in the house as well. I personally am not specifically dedicated to a specific version myself. I find that I enjoy reading things in various versions at different times. But for CTC, I have really enjoyed having my oldest use the NIrV. I think it made her Bible box very enjoyable and understandable.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

LovingJesus

Post by LovingJesus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:21 pm

My son reads his King James Bible for CTC. The verses scheduled for the regular Scriptures add detail and depth to the history. The Bible, for us, has the best history for ancients. I am glad Carrie scheduled the actual Scripture as an option. If you rather though she also schedules the DK as the other option, and you should be able to find one used.

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Thank you, I will probably go ahead and just have him use his Bible.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Carrie has looked long and hard for a replacement and not yet found one she likes as well as just using a Bible of your choice with the verses provided in the guide. :D HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Thank you Julie! I will do that!