Update on New American History Guide

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

Update on New American History Guide

Post by Carrie » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:30 pm

We are happy that so many families are excited about the upcoming American History guide. We are very excited about it too! In fact, we now have all of the books selected and have put together all of the packages. We are currently working with our web designer to get the package ordering page up so families can begin to order the new resources and the guide. :D

We hope to have a 72 hour preview coming this weekend (or by Monday or Tuesday at the latest) for those customers who have signed up to receive our email newsletter. If you haven't signed up to receive our email newsletter, you can do so by going to http://www.heartofdakota.com and clicking on the "sign up for our email newsletter" icon near the top of the homepage. Families will be able to order the resources during that 72 hour preview, and also gain some extra savings by doing so during the preview hours. After the preview ends, the ordering page will go live on our website for the general public. :D

We plan to ship the first installment of plans and notebook pages on September 15. There is no possible way for us to ship the first installment any earlier, as it has taken more time than we planned to get all of the resources selected. Some of the resources that we desired to use were out of print and required extra time to work out how to make them available to our customers. It was definitely worthwhile though, as we are thrilled with the product line-up and with the progress the Lord has allowed us to make during the last month. :D

Please be aware that the guide will be written in "real time" as each installment of lesson plans gets ready to ship, meaning that there will be no way to send plans ahead for units we do not have written. If you decide to join us during our journey through U.S. History, you will need to be aware that the installments will come regularly as you need them but you will not be able to work ahead. This is how the World History guide was done last year, and it seemed to work well for the families who chose to use the World History guide in this manner. One other consideration to be aware of is that the grading and course descriptions will not be written until the guide is complete, so you will not have those components until after the school year ends. The completed guide will ship in late July of next year. :D

We pray that those of you who are on our email list will enjoy the coming 72 hour preview and that the Lord may richly bless those families who join us as we journey through U.S. History this year! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Mumkins

Re: Update on New American History Guide

Post by Mumkins » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:51 pm

What relief you must feel, to see it coming together now! Praying for you as you undertake this next year.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

mom2four

Post by mom2four » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Thank you for the info! I look forward to beginning this. Will you have the first few weeks available online or via snail mail? I have the science already so I may just begin that and pick up when I get the guide. :)
Homeschooling since 1998...more than halfway done! :)
ds (22 - college student), dd (20+ - college student), ds (17), ds (15)
Using part of World History for the first time this year with my two younger sons.

dianeh47

Post by dianeh47 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Carrie,
I just wanted to personally thank you, Mike, Julie and your families for pressing through to put together such an awesome
curriculum for all of us. We are looking forward to this upcoming year in American History. We are truly excited to embark
on this next, great adventure that you and the Holy Spirit have put together. I know your rewards will be great, both now
and for eternity. You have had such a big part in helping us capture our children's hearts by writing a Christ centered curriculum
that will be a both a foundation and a biblical worldview for them as they go through life. We appreciate you.
Blessings,
Diane

Began HOD in 8/2008
Joel -18 US2 History

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:12 am

I am so excited to see that we can place our order soon! I can't wait to get my hands on all the materials! Thank you for faithfully striving to get this guide ready for us this year. I don't know how it's even possible, but I know it's only through the grace of God. Looking forward to experiencing all the new year has to offer us. :D

THANK YOU, CARRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

momof2n2

Post by momof2n2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 am

We won't be using this guide until next year, but I am so excited to see it is just days away from release! :)

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways