Scheduling Question

If you have used "Drawn Into the Heart of Reading", please share your experience with us.
andertx

Scheduling Question

Post by andertx » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 am

Hi ladies!

First I want to say how excited I am to be returning to HOD! We took a small break from it for about 3 years, but realize now (after some exploring) that it is THE most comprehensive, user friendly, and complete program out there. :D Bet you didn't need ME to tell you that!! Hehehe!!

We will begin Res to Ref next year and I am incorporating DITHOR. I'm just a little confused with the plans. It looks like from the DITHOR guide you read every day. But according to the Res to Ref guide you read only a few days per week. Am I understating this correctly or do you read every day and then only do a lesson when assigned? We will also be adding Shakespeare so if we could not read our DITHOR book on the days we read Shakespeare that might be helpful. Anyway, I appreciate your input. I'm sure it is much easier than I am making it!! :P

Thanks!
Andrea

StephanieU

Re: Scheduling Question

Post by StephanieU » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:13 pm

You only do DITHOR on the days assigned in the guide. This is to keep a good balance of reading, as HOD has a lot of other reading within the guide.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

andertx

Post by andertx » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Great!! Thanks so much! So I still divide them up the same (over 15 days), but only assign them on the given day?

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Yes, that is right. You will only complete 4-5 genres a year in the later guides as a result, completing all 9 genres in 2 years.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

andertx

Post by andertx » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:35 am

Perfect!! Thanks so much for your help!!