Writing in WG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamamag5

Writing in WG

Post by mamamag5 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Ladies,

If you have used the WG guide will you please tell me if the writing assignments are integrated with the Literature and/or history? I'd like to know if it's just a separate writing program or if the assignments are based on what they are reading in lit and history. Also, could you tell me how many assignments there are for the year. Thanks so much.

Shirley

Allison TX

Re: Writing in WG

Post by Allison TX » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi Shirley. My oldest just finished the WG guide a few weeks ago, so I think I can help you. :)

Once a week the student writes a narration related to what they have read about in one of the geography resources. They also write an occasional narration about one of the lit books they are reading.

The essay writing is unrelated to the geography topics, although you can change the writing prompts into something that relates to what the student is studying. The student writes several types of paragraphs, then several types of essays, and then a research paper. There are also some writing assignments scheduled in Rod and Staff.

There is writing woven into the entire program, but the actual writing instruction from EIW doesn't tie into the other subjects. Does that help? :)

Allison

mamamag5

Post by mamamag5 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:38 am

Hi Allison,

Thank you so much for your reply. Ok, so EIW is separate, that's what I wanted to know. Are there any writing assignments scheduled from the BJU lit boxes?

Thanks so much for your help.
Shirley

mamamag5

Post by mamamag5 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:41 am

Allison,

Sorry I just noticed you wrote there is an occassional written narration for the lit boxes.

Thanks again!
Shirley