ER Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
StephanieU

ER Question

Post by StephanieU » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:58 pm

How do you use the supplemental titles? Do you just let you kids read them? Do you ask them to narrate the chapter back to you?
We are about to start Owl at Home, and we are going to start the supplemental books as well, so I am trying to figure out how I want to plan everything. I am thinking of reading one book and then a supplemental book the next week, spreading out the ERs a little so we don't get to DITHOR until my daughter is in Bigger.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

TrueGRIT

Re: ER Question

Post by TrueGRIT » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 am

We use the supplemental titles and we do some narration and I ask a few questions. However we do it in a more relaxed manner. It gives them a nice break from deep thinking although they still are concentrating and focusing without realizing it. That is just what we do. I am not sure what you are suppose do.
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

twoxcell

Re: ER Question

Post by twoxcell » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:24 pm

I use some of the supplemental titles as well as some other books to stretch out the ER's. Generally we rotate between the ER's and other books. I still have the child read them aloud to me and sometimes we discuss them instead of the questions. :)
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th