Start LHTH?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
blessedmomof4

Start LHTH?

Post by blessedmomof4 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:02 am

At this point it's more for me than my little one. I miss HOD and the structure it gave MY day :) My youngest turns 2 in September; would I be pushing it to start LHTH with her? My older two are doing well in a hybrid charter school, but I have very little involvement in their schooling, which makes me a little sad but seems to be working ok for them. Any thoughts? LHTH when baby turns 2, or wait until she is older?
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

TrueGRIT

Re: Start LHTH?

Post by TrueGRIT » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:16 am

I don't see any reason why you can't start if you really wanted to. Using the youngest options, although I would only do 3 days a week. That's usually all a 2 yo will be ready for, and it will keep it short & sweet for her.
Have fun!
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:46 pm

I don't know, I am a bit torn. I guess if you took it slow and maybe even determined to go through it twice, then it would be fine. I have a little boy who just turned 2 and I can't imagine doing it with him right now. He dances to the Rhyme in Motion but that is about all he can follow. Now of course, I am doing it with the almost-5-year-old options and reading the story straight from the Bible and stuff, I can see how it would be fun for a girl who likes to sit and read and maybe already counting or something. Scissors, I can't imagine that.

It can't hurt, but I don't think she will absorb much of it right now. Just my thoughts.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Good to see you, Lourdes! :D :D :D I'd say give it a whirl and see how it goes! If it's a joy and smooth-going, keep on. If not, set it aside and hold off. :D I am sure you are missing that homeschool mama teaching time - and you are so good at it. You could always start half-speed with the younger resources! :D Miss ya!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie