(another) Substitution question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
TyraTooters

(another) Substitution question

Post by TyraTooters » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm getting ready to order Beyond with the Emerging Readers set, we already have The Children's Bible and don't really need the other Bible choice...I know I am allowed a substitution but what in the would would I get in exchange for the Bible?

Mombeck

Re: (another) Substitution question

Post by Mombeck » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:23 am

It looks like you'll have $16.99 to spend on other books since you already have a children's Bible. If I were you, I would pick out a book as close to that value as possible from the Beyond Girl's, Boy's, or Classic Interests Books. For instance, Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin, comes close in value and is a great story to read aloud. Another good option might be to go ahead and get the Rod & Staff Grammar book, Preparing to Build: English 2, which you could begin this year or hold onto for next year.
Rebecca
wife to my dh for 31 years
dd 29 teaching degree
dd 26 college graduate with English degree
ds 20 2 year Associate Arts degree, working to return to college
dd 17 PSEO classes
dd 13 MtMM Fall ‘18
ds 10 Bigger Fall ‘18

TyraTooters

Re: (another) Substitution question

Post by TyraTooters » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:54 am

Mombeck wrote:It looks like you'll have $16.99 to spend on other books since you already have a children's Bible. If I were you, I would pick out a book as close to that value as possible from the Beyond Girl's, Boy's, or Classic Interests Books. For instance, Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin, comes close in value and is a great story to read aloud. Another good option might be to go ahead and get the Rod & Staff Grammar book, Preparing to Build: English 2, which you could begin this year or hold onto for next year.
Ah those are good ideas! He is working on grammar a little at school. Working on nouns and such...he might be interested in the grammar book from time to time. If not, we will have it for next year.