LHTH

This folder contains helpful past threads about Little Hands to Heaven. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
SoaringEagle

LHTH

Post by SoaringEagle » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:00 pm

I know that this is geared toward 2-5 yr olds, but what is the "ideal" age?

My son will turn 2 in April and his sister will start MFW K in September. Would it be too old for him?

Maybe I should just buy it anyway so that both kids can have fun with it...I love the Bible focus even though my kids could care less. But I am hoping and praying that through their school, they will come to love Jesus and want to know more about Him and then want to know Him more. That is why I am looking at this program even though my plan was MFW...HOD seems even easier to use...

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:33 pm

MamaJuli,

I know 2-5 is a large age range, but it can truly be started as young as 2 and used as old as 5. We have done both! With the boxes of activities in the plans each taking only 3-5 minutes, they are geared for the short attention span of the little ones. You can scatter the various parts of the plans throughout the day as time allows. It makes those little ones feel so special that they have their own time with you, and with starting so young, you won't have any pressure to complete LHTH quickly. You can just take your time and enjoy it.

LHTH has some of my best memories of special Bible time with my little ones. I only have one more little guy to go through it, and I'm sad that will be the last one!

I'm sure some other moms will chime in here that are less biased than me! :lol:

Blessings,
Carrie

SoaringEagle

Post by SoaringEagle » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Thanks Carrie.

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:35 pm

I did this with both kids when they were 4 and 2. Then I did it again when my youngest was 4. She remembered some of the activities but thoroughly enjoyed doing it again. I would say you could easily do it with your 2yo and then do it again at 3 or 4 if you wanted. Worked for us.

my2guys

Post by my2guys » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 pm

I am doing it with my 2 and 4 year olds this year and they both love it. The 4 year old obviously "gets" more of it and his crafts turn out to look more like they're supposed to :lol: - but my little guy loves working right alongside big brother. The 2 year old's favorite part is the finger plays. It's so cute to watch him that it's worth doing the program just for that alone! :D I'm also planning on repeating it again with him when he's 4. I think you'd love it!
Sharon
2017-2018
Ben (14yo) 8th with MTMM
and
Sam (12yo) 6th with RTR
Have already used and enjoyed: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR & Rev to Rev

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:52 pm

I've used it with my ds who is 4.5 for at least three years now. In the beginning it gave him a book to hold onto when he asked to do school, and we would flip though, talk about the letters, read the finger plays, etc. Every year we would add a little bit more (like last year he started using his Bible and his story tapes) and this year he's doing the number pages, the letters, the whole works. :-)
I also used it with ds #4 who is now 7 when he was little. We started out right away with the whole program with him, though, and he was...oh...two? three? I forget.
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink: