Who is doing Bigger this year?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
countrymom

Re: Who is doing Bigger this year?

Post by countrymom » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:42 am

I don't know if we count. We will probably be starting around December. By then you ladies will have it all figured out and can tell me what to do :D :D
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

BuildingBlocks

Post by BuildingBlocks » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:48 am

We are at 1/2 pace for this year and next year. 8-)
Caryn
Wife to DH
#1 - CTC
#2 Bigger 1/2
#3 Beyond 1/2
#4 and #5 LHTH
#6 Running around

LivinNandByHim

Post by LivinNandByHim » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:54 am

We start Monday with ds 10yo. I can hardly wait to enjoy the adventure. My 6 yo dd will be doing LHFHG. Thursdays are local co op days My niece and nephew live with me (13 and 11) and are in PS. We live in east TN. Blessings and peace and God-speed to Carrie andJulie right now.

kayrenee

Post by kayrenee » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 am

I'm starting Bigger on Monday with my 8yod who will be 9 in October. We'll be doing it 'pretty much' as written, though we won't be using R&S for English. I am going to continue with the state study and names of Jesus study that we started last year, though, but I haven't decided yet how to schedule that in.
Blessed mom of 3 daughters: college student, 11th, and 7th grades
John 15:5 Academy

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:29 am

My dd8 and I will start unit 2 next week. We had a wonderful first week (although we spread it out over two weeks) with Bigger! :D I used Bigger with my boys a few years ago so I know my sweet little girl will enjoy it as well. :)

Allison

twoxcell

Post by twoxcell » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm doing Bigger with my 3rd grade ds!
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 am

My 9 year old son will be doing Biggers. I haven't set a for sure start date yet but we may start back next Monday. I'm really looking forward to it! I've wanted to do Biggers for two years and now we are finally getting the opportunity.
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

billswife

Post by billswife » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 am

We'll be doing it again this year. My son did it for 4th grade and now my daughter will do it for 3rd grade. I love doing Bigger and am looking forward to starting again at the end of the month.
Ann

DS 17 New American History
DD 13 Rev to Rev
DD 11 CTC

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:32 pm

We have 5 weeks left of Bigger to do with Riley, so we'll start the year with BHFHG and finish it out with PHFHG. :D It is hard to tell who is more excited about Bigger Hearts - me, because I am glad to return to it and finish it out seeing Riley having grown in so many ways throughout it; Riley - because he has loved BHFHG so much, all of it really, but especially the book selections and the hands-on projects/experiments; or Wyatt - because I told him when we finish I'll let him have the books from it to read on his own for fun. :lol: Wyatt has been asking for them for awhile, but I told him they were Riley's special books and he'd need to wait until we were done. Riley just beamed. :D Wyatt had another expression. :wink: Everyone is excited for the Bigger Hearts finale here! I hope you all have as great of a year with BHFHG (or 1 1/2 years ) as we did! :D Maybe your kiddos will be like my Wyatt in a few years, and be begging to reread the books just for fun - isn't that neat? I love that about living books. Rereading is a treat. :D They're worth owning.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

momof4

Post by momof4 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:32 am

We will be starting Unit 4 next week. We began in the Spring and then took a break. Excited to get back into it!!
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58 am

WOW!!! There are more responses to this thread than I thought there would be when I started it. We are starting Monday (8-15) and super excited!!! Glad to have so many walking out the same journey. :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

carrielaurie

Post by carrielaurie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:15 pm

My daughter just finished Little Hearts for His Glory in July and will be starting Bigger Hearts for His Glory in September. We cannot wait to get started! One thing that I am determined to do differently this year is follow the guide as it is written and not rush through or omit scheduled activities, even though I may be feeling like we are behind. We missed a lot of fun activities from doing that in the past. I want this year to be a breath of fresh air for our family. No more rushing, but instead, more enjoying!! :D

vjj4

Post by vjj4 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:26 am

We will be starting Bigger on 8/15, at least that's my plan! Still trying to get a couple of non-school things in place. Looking forward to this year, except for writing - actually putting pen to paper, my ds hates handwriting - so we will see. There may be some bribery going on here because I am aiming for joy in this journey :mrgreen:
Helpmeet to my husband for almost 22 years
DD 27 - Private school through gr 2, then homeschooled SOS, now a single mom
DS 17 - Always homeschooled - Beyond/Bigger/Preparing & SOS

GS Almost 4 - About to begin HOD

Deut. 11:19
Is. 40:11