Pilgrim's Progress study in Modern Times

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Melena

Pilgrim's Progress study in Modern Times

Post by Melena » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Carrie,
Will you be using AIG's Pilgrim's Progress study in Modern Times "for sure"? I was thinking about supplementing with this while using RtR with my 14 yo dd this year due to the time period being studied. However, if PIlgrim's Progress is going to be a main resource in the Modern Times curriculum, I don't want to mess things up for the future when we use that guide.
Thanks,
Marie

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Pilgrim's Progress study in Modern Times

Post by Carrie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:08 am

Marie,

We had always planned to use Pilgrim's Progress in either RTR or in the Modern Times guide, however now that we have plans to write high school guides we are leaning toward moving the AIG Pilgrim's Progress study into the high school years. We do feel it is an outstanding study that absolutely should not be missed and will for sure schedule it into our guides. It is just a matter of which guide. :wink: We, too, like the idea of it matching the time period in which we schedule it, and this is the reason we are looking toward placing it in the high school line-up. :D

I do not have a completely firm answer for you, as we are still pondering and planning the new guide's resources. But, at this point we are leaning toward placing Pilgrim's Progress in high school and are instead possibly looking at the second volume of Apologia/Summit Ministries book "Who Am I, and What Am I Doing Here?" for the Modern Times guide. :D

I wish I could tell you for sure, but we need to thoroughly go through each resource we are pondering for the new guide before making any final decisions. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Melena

Re: Pilgrim's Progress study in Modern Times

Post by Melena » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Thank you, Carrie, for your response. I am going ahead with my plans to use AIG's Pilgrim's Progress study this year along with RtR. It will fit perfectly with the time period, and she is at an appropriate age for it. If you end up using it with Modern Times after all, I know the LORD will direct me in choosing a different resource which will be just right for her. I am so excited about using HOD this year! Thanks, again. God bless! Marie