But why???

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SusieinMS

But why???

Post by SusieinMS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:31 pm

My dd asked in her most forlorn voice when I told her we only had 2 days left of the Beyond sample. "Why only 2 days???" as her brow wrinkles and her eyes tear up. Can you believe it?

We have been doing the Beyond sample posted here and she loves it...all but the copy work, but she loves it. So now I am trying to sell off curriculum so I can buy a manual (and a few missing pieces of the Beyond packages we don't have). So after a year of LHTH and then 2 years of FIAR we will probably be back with HOD.

I see a few familiar names on this board. I am waving at you!
Susie ~ :D

mater est laetus

Re: But why???

Post by mater est laetus » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm not one of those faces but welcome back all the same. :D Hope your curriculum sells quickly!

SusieinMS

Post by SusieinMS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Hehe! Yes, waving at everyone! :D

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:47 am

That is so sweet. Welcome back! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Polly

Post by Polly » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Susie,
What do you need that you don't have?
Polly
Polly

SusieinMS

Post by SusieinMS » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome! :D

Besides the guide I need two of the story time book, 7 of the emergent readers (plus the Beginners Bible). The science book and cd I consider optional.

We are both really looking forward to it. Hannah has done so well with the sample week. :D I have been totally amazed because up till just recently she wanted nothing to do with books that were not picture books. It was like overnight she was able to pay attention without a lot of pics and actually started requesting to study the Pilgrim time period.

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:05 pm

I recognize you from the other board I visit, but I post there by a different name. I am the one who had the trampoline accident. Beyond was such a great year for us. Enjoy. It is so much fun when our kids soar! I have a beginning reader right now, and I know at some point during the year, everything will just click. I love those moments! I am doing LHFHG with the younger girls this year and RTR with the middle set of children. The two year old can just be cute and get read to a lot this year.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

joyfuljourney

Post by joyfuljourney » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:01 am

Hi,
we are also coming back from FIAR. Glad to hear I am not the only one (as in I really and truly needed to hear that right now!) HOD helps me to be a better teacher to my kids and I love that it is all planned out for me.
Enjoy you year ahead!

SusieinMS

Post by SusieinMS » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:43 pm

8arrows,
yep I know who you are and I pray you are making a good recovery!

Joyful,
I don't know if we will ever completely leave FIAR. We have enjoyed it and learned just too much. But covering the time period Beyond does, and the lessons centering on Christ win out for our main curriculum if I am able to get what I need.

I was just totally amazed at how well the Bible and character lessons meshed and were reinforced in the sample week. It really sunk in with Hannah....AND considering our current situation the lessons spoke to me as well. They were reminders of how God takes care of us even when we can see no way. :mrgreen:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Susie,

It's good to see you! :D Your little girl sounds darling! :D We pray that the Lord may richly bless your time with Beyond. I am often blessed by the lessons in the guide just as much as my kiddos too. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi again, Susie! :D

We started Beyond, and are ready to jump back into it in a few weeks as well. I hope you're able to get what you need and have a great year with your little gal!! :D

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

SusieinMS

Post by SusieinMS » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks for the welcome back, Ladies! It is always so sweet here! :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:17 pm

HI Susie! :D Your dd are so precious. So many times we as moms hear the "But why?" question and shudder, but this "But why?" is a pretty special moment to remember! :D Have a wonderful year with Beyond - our dc enjoyed it so much - I'm glad you and your dd will get to enjoy it too! :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie