high school credit

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
dianeh47

high school credit

Post by dianeh47 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Carrie,
My ds is going into the 7th grade and will be using Rev to Rev.He is an advanced reader and I was wondering if I could add The 5000 Year Leap and the new 10th grade level of The Federalist Papers for high school credit in government. Would that work, or do you think it would be too much? Thanks for any advice.
Blessings,
Diane
Blessings,
Diane

Began HOD in 8/2008
Joel -18 US2 History

mamas4bugs

Re: high school credit

Post by mamas4bugs » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 am

Here's the link where we discussed doing this for my 9th grader because he will miss the older guides.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9567

I don't know the reading level yet, as I have not looked at them, but I think if it were me, since your ds is going to be able to use the high school guides that are to come, I'd wait and use the government as written in the high school guide. Knowing Carrie, it's going to be wonderful. :) Plus, even for voracious readers, government is a difficult subject at the younger ages--a few more years and the maturity that comes with them might give your guy a better understanding once he does study it. Just my thoughts. :)
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

my3sons

Re: high school credit

Post by my3sons » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:59 am

Hi Diane! I was going to link the same thread mamas4bugs did. :D Here is one more thread that pertains as well... :)

RevtoRev for High School by Carrie:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8208

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie