Woo hoo -- Preparing sample is UP!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Leslie in TN

Woo hoo -- Preparing sample is UP!

Post by Leslie in TN » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:17 pm

'Nuff said! :D

Elm in NJ

Post by Elm in NJ » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 pm

WOW!! It looks so good :) . It is a good thing I started my 9 year old in Bigger, he would have freaked out with that amount of work. By the time we finish Bigger, he will definitely be ready. :wink:

Elmeryl(with J12, C9, R7, L7)

Motherjoy

Post by Motherjoy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:47 pm

yeah!!!

I'm so excited! I don't think it looks like too much work, just a bunch of little boxes. I love how it all flows together. I'm wondering if Carrie has a suggestion for which order to complete the subjects in.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

Motherjoy

Post by Motherjoy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:00 pm

I do have a question...does the "research" section always pertain to the "history project" section?
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Motherjoy,

We will most likely be giving some advice as to what order to complete it in. The research will always pertain to the history and will be linked to the history project in the bottom left corner box of the plans. :wink:

Research is only once a week, with vocabulary, timeline, and geography rotating through the other days of the week. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad to see what we're in store for...we have to wait through the rest of Beyond...and all of Bigger...waaaaahhhh! :cry:

Just kidding; I'm very excited about Bigger... for next year, and I am so please that we have Preparing... to look forward to, as well. Great job, Carrie! :lol:

1shortmomof4

Post by 1shortmomof4 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:47 am

Argh! I've tried 3 times to look at it and each time my computer has frozen in time. ugh!!!!!!! But, on a positive note, I found a few of the readers at the used book store and was so happy not only with the budget-saving price, but of the "ooohhhh, this looks soooo good to read, she's going to love it!"
Heidi

P.S. The "she" is my dd who'll be using this program beefed up just a wee little bit for 7th grade.

1shortmomof4

Post by 1shortmomof4 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:53 am

Ooohhh, change that! I got it to open and I printed it so I can drool and count the days until August!
Heidi

marypoppins

Post by marypoppins » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:18 am

The sample looks really wonderful!

(Sorry - I have to ask, and I don't want to be a pain in the "you know what," :oops: but will we eventually be able to see a whole "week-at-a-glance" sample?) Can you tell I'm a little anxious? :!:

Thanks!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:46 am

Carrie,

Great work! :D It's definitely something to look forward to for us... (Have I mentioned that I'm so glad that your 2nd son is a year older than mine? :wink: :D 'Cause I am!)

Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Marsha

Post by Marsha » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:56 am

I have a question about it.
In the sample it has...Independent History Study that is for grades 3rd and 4th. Where is listed for grades 5th and 6th?
Do they alteranate or is it in the back of the book?

Thanks
Miranda 15 on July 4th
Cassandra 12
Jonathan 10
Sarah 8
Hannah 6
Rachel 4
Abigail 2
Rebecca born in Sept.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:02 pm

We're excited that the Sample Layout of a Day is up too! :D

The Sample Week is already together for the conventions and should be coming up on the website within the next week. :D

As far as the Independent history readings, the grades 3-4 are scheduled on the left side of each page of the daily plans and the Extension Pack Readings are scheduled in the Appendix. The Extension Package Schedule will be very similar to how it is listed in "Bigger...". 8)

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:10 pm

I am SO EXCITED about doing Preparing... next year! I LOVE the layout of it - especially the little boxes indicating whether it's independent, teacher-directed, or semi-independent. My son is going to think that is really neat! Also, I am so drooling over the research - I've been wanting to incorporate that so much in the years to come. What an important skill to have!!! So glad it's done for me in Preparing... And the Bible part - LOVE THAT! Bring on the powerful connections... Too many things I'm excited about to share now since I'm needing to set the table for supper - but... "I'll be back" as a famous CA governor says so well!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Uh, agony of agony! It looks good but sticking with plan A to do Bigger on the 4 day a week plan. Unless I get weak and lose my resolve that is :lol: It looks really good! The layout looks great. Once again that easy open and go format. Ok I just have to be strong because I know what comes next....box days! :lol:

But how exciting! It looks great. Can't wait to hear stories from all you lucky moms that go ahead of us. :wink: I will not covet. I will not covet. Ah why not I think I will. Make sure to tell us all lots of stories. It looks really exciting!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:09 am

The sample looks great! I can't wait either, and I've already set up a box for Preparing so that I can pull a few of the readers I have on hand and add as I go. I'll probably go on and order the manual, as I love reading through to see what lies ahead--I was always one to open a library book to the last page to see the ending :oops: . Even though we're just in Beyond, I just have to know what's coming next :lol: .
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!