It's been rough, but.....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom2Monkeys

It's been rough, but.....

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:26 pm

....Monday and Tuesday are the last two days my son will be in public school! I'm so glad it only took one semester for God to use to bring DH fully on board with continuing to homeschool! Going to catch up in math/reading over the summer to make up for that fuzzy "new math" they had to deal with and we're all pumped up for a great year with Singapore and all things HOD! My DS says he only wants a few days off then wants to start school again b/c he can't wait to do HOD. :D For those that followed my struggle with enrollling them, you know how happy I am now!!!

We have our therapy schedule set up now except for once a week at home is still in waiting....thursdays from 12:15-3:15 is for my little guy, and my oldest will have an hour of that out with me to do some schooling, then she'll be back for two hours of it while I do some schooling with next DS. We might have DS4 in a MDO/Preschool T/TH which would help tremendously since that's a long wait for him, plus it's a half hour drive. HOD makes it so simple to do school on the go! It'll be our light day, b/c we will be TRYING to school in line with DH's work schedule to have our time off when he does, which is during the week....he works full time weekend nights as an RN. So we should have 4 days per week in from Sat through Tuesday (we have church during the week so DH can go with us).

Please pray for me and some friends....I've decided to host an informational meeting in my home July 12 for homeschool newbies (or those considering) and want to talk to our neighbor who happens to be the elementary school principal about it so if he knows of any wanting to homeschool, he can let them know about it-- I'm hoping it will be well received :wink: . I plan to also give the information to local daycares/preschools and post a paper up at the local grocery store and pharmacy. I'm also going to call the HIPPY coordinators for our area. I want to extend an open welcome to anyone who may be interested and not sure where to start! I have some other friends that homeschool that will join me to help answer questions and share about "a day in the life"... just pray that we can get the word out to those that would be blessed by this and that we would have the answers they need....I'm not a public speaker, so I'm a bit nervous! I'm praying I'll wind up with a packed house even though my nerves are hoping no one shows. LOL :oops:
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

my3sons

Re: It's been rough, but.....

Post by my3sons » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 am

That's good news, Tamara, and I'm praying for you! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Sounds like you've got a plan, Tamara! :D I'll be praying for your meeting, too - that it will bless others and that God will give you the words to say.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 am

That all sounds great, I wish there had been something like that a few years back when I started homeschooling. Of course it never even dawned on me to host such a thing. :lol: Good for you! I will be praying for you!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:45 am

Tamara - I just thought of this - if you would like Mike to send you some HOD catalogs for your hosting, I know he would be glad to do so! Praying for you! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:27 am

my3sons wrote:Tamara - I just thought of this - if you would like Mike to send you some HOD catalogs for your hosting, I know he would be glad to do so! Praying for you! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Excellent idea! I have a few extras but a few more would be great!