I met Carrie and Julie!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
moedertje

I met Carrie and Julie!

Post by moedertje » Thu May 26, 2011 5:30 pm

The excitement of it all. I met Carrie and Julie yesterday when we got to the hotel in Orland, and got to talk to them today for a while. What a beautiful set of ladies and what a blessing to have finally met them in person. You just feel right at home in the HOD booth :D :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

my3sons

Re: I met Carrie and Julie!

Post by my3sons » Mon May 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks, Sandra! We loved meeting you, mskogen, mom24boys, and alllllll the other wonderful Florida gals too! :D :D :D We are so blessed to have you ladies in our lives. We feel as if we know you so well already from the board, but it was fun to put faces with names too. Thanks for all of your encouragement - you ladies made the weekend fly by! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Mon May 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Sweet!! :D
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon May 30, 2011 9:59 pm

I am so jealous! I want to meet them!!! :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

sw1ssm1ss

Post by sw1ssm1ss » Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 am

That's great! I'm so excited to meet them at HEAV (in Virginia) next week!
Married to beloved dh for 11 years
DD7 - Beyond
DS4.5 - all boy :)
DD2 - sweet, petite toddler fun

mom24boys

Post by mom24boys » Tue May 31, 2011 1:01 pm

I agree it was so fun to meet them. So exciting! Just as sweet in person as on the boards. Thanks so much for all the time and effort that you put into the curriculum and therefore our families! You are such a blessing to us! :mrgreen:
Cyndi
dh of 18 years
ds15: WG
ds13: MTMM
ds11: CTC
ds9: Bigger

shaffer96

Post by shaffer96 » Tue May 31, 2011 1:05 pm

I wish they would come to a convention up in Chicago! We live close to Chicago and I could easily drive there. I have been telling a lot of people about HOD but no-one I know uses it around here yet!
DD 8 - BHFHG
DS 5 1/2 - LHFHG
DS 4 - Enjoying preschool toys and workbooks.

gmhaynes

Post by gmhaynes » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:39 pm

I met them in Orlando as well! Carrie and Julie were both so helpful and willing to answer all of my questions. This year will be my 3rd year using HOD and if you aren't sold on the curriculum, I think you will be once you meet them. I don't know if I will ever use anything besides HOD. Thanks to Carrie and Julie for all of your hard work!

Mary
Wife to Guy for 13 years
dd9 in Preparing
ds7 in Beyond
ds5 in LHFHG
ds3 starting LHTH
Deut 6:4-9

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Oh, ladies! We were so thrilled to meet each of you! :D We love to put faces with the names of those we are blessed to know through this board! We have an immediate rapport, as if we've known each other for ages. :D The Lord has been gracious to allow us to know each of you!

Blessings,
Carrie

Great2kids

Post by Great2kids » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:48 pm

I am soooooo excited!!!!! I have waited 3 years for them to come to our convetion and will finally get to meet them at the end of the week :D :D :D I have already ordered and recieved my HOD for this year before I knew they were coming, but I have told several people about HOD who will be stopping by. Can't wait to meet you both :D :D :D :D
2015-2016
We are looking forward to our eighth year with HOD!

DS14 WH (Completed BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM & WG)
DD10 RTR (Completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG & CTC)

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:09 pm

I met them too at the Cincinnati Convention. Thanks for coming to the Midwest!
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

blessedwith2

Post by blessedwith2 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

I, too, was so blessed to meet Carrie and Julie at the FPEA convention. What really stands out to me is their genuine care and concern for the children and families that use, or are thinking about using, HOD. They are so sweet and take the time to thoroughly answer your questions. Not once did I feel hurried by them, like I was a "number" or that they were trying to "sell" me something.

As I compare HOD with other curricula, what strikes me time and time again is how truly God-centered HOD is. It is not a curriculum with a Bible "supplement", that is ingenuinely "tacked" on as an after-thought. God has truly given Carrie a gift for showing how history is truly His story in such a natural, effective way. Thank you, Carrie and Julie, for using your God-given gifts to truly advance His kingdom through TWO generations at one time: our children and those teaching them - us!

Your efforts to continue to minister to us as homeschooling moms through the message boards even after the purchases are made is truly an extension of God's love for each of us as we follow His call to homeschool. You are a wonderful team and I hope I get to see you again next year! :)

Sincerely,
Delia
Delia

DD8 - BLHFHG(left side); BHFHG(right side)
DD4 - LHTH
DS2- tagging along for LHTH; climbing on everything!