Anyone else obsessed?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Dustybug

Anyone else obsessed?

Post by Dustybug » Fri May 13, 2011 8:59 am

I can't help myself. I have become completely obsessed in scouring ebay and amazon for as many of the optional literature supplements for LHFHG that I can find! lol DH is really starting to raise eyebrows when I tell him about another purchase I've made (even though I've found some really GREAT deals!). I went through the entire list and searched out all the ones that were not used as a part of the main curriculum in HOD later on down the line and then started searching online! I have wishlists and watch lists filled up! lol. Anyone else like this or am I just crazy? :oops: :D :shock:
Dusty
Mommy to
Gabriella (7) BLHFHG, ETC, Song School Latin
Aron (5) TMJ's Fruit for Tender Hearts, ETC, Singapore Essentials Math K
Lydia (3) Learning letters, numbers, shapes, and colors
http://www.tothemoonandbackblog.net

my2guys

Re: Anyone else obsessed?

Post by my2guys » Fri May 13, 2011 10:02 am

Nope, not crazy. Or at least, if you are crazy - then you have company. :lol: We're finishing Beyond in a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out how many of the Storytime options that we didn't choose for this past year I can fit into read-alouds for the summer. 8) And my wishlists - don't even get me started... :wink:
Sharon
2017-2018
Ben (14yo) 8th with MTMM
and
Sam (12yo) 6th with RTR
Have already used and enjoyed: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR & Rev to Rev

shaffer96

Post by shaffer96 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:29 am

I try to find as much as I can at the library first, but then I always look for used books as well!
DD 8 - BHFHG
DS 5 1/2 - LHFHG
DS 4 - Enjoying preschool toys and workbooks.

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Fri May 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I hear ya!

Jenn D.
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

KTLM6

Post by KTLM6 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh, Thank Goodness it isn't just me! LOL! :D Since beginning HOD, my dd and I enjoyed the books so much that we actually have been going back to some of the reading selections in the guides we missed and reading those! We finished Ginger Pye a couple weeks ago. We're reading Baby Island right now! The choices are so wonderful we can't seem to help ourselves.
Cathy

Is using CTC and is enjoying LHTH

http://homemissionfield.blogspot.com/

Daph

Post by Daph » Sat May 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Goodness, yes! I have a problem with curriculum buying, anyway. Now that I have my core curriculum down, I'm going crazy with the Readers! I have zero space on any of my bookshelves, and that's not even an exaggeration. They're all stacked on top of the books on the shelves, now. It's sad. We're a family of book hoarders.
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)