Question about HOD high school science plans

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Polly

Question about HOD high school science plans

Post by Polly » Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 pm

I just recently read a post by Carrie about the high school science plans ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7880 ). I was very encouraged by this! I have a question though. Will you be including creation vs. evolution studies in this? One of my main goals for our homeschool is that our children know what and why they believe about creation vs. evolution before they leave home. It's nice how Apologia adds a little of that into their books. However, I don't really like Apologia Jr. High and High School books. :-)

Thanks!
Polly

Polly

Re: Question about HOD high school science plans

Post by Polly » Mon May 09, 2011 3:46 pm

I'd like to bump this up to see if I get a reply. :D
Polly

HappyMama

Post by HappyMama » Mon May 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Bumping this again for you, I'm curious too. :)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Polly wrote:...One of my main goals for our homeschool is that our children know what and why they believe about creation vs. evolution before they leave home...
This is a goal of ours as well - I'm glad to hear you thinking about this too. We need more dc that have a real grasp on this. :D HOD has a goal to help dc see the world through God's eyes, and to help dc develop a Christian Worldview that helps them recognize fallacy and lean upon Scripture for discernment. This crosses over into all subject areas, science included. I will let Carrie answer this when she has a chance as well, but I just wanted to let you know, HOD fully plans to equip dc to know what and why they believe about creation vs. evolution. HOD is working for our dc to be prepared for the tough questions - heart, soul, and mind - and they'll be ready to back it up with God's Word. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my2guys

Post by my2guys » Wed May 11, 2011 12:03 pm

I'm so glad to hear that HOD is adding a creation/evolution study in the later years. My SIL and I were just discussing the other day how important it is for our kids to study what people in opposition to creation believe so that they can know for themselves WHY they believe in what they believe! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! :D
Sharon
2017-2018
Ben (14yo) 8th with MTMM
and
Sam (12yo) 6th with RTR
Have already used and enjoyed: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR & Rev to Rev

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue May 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Polly,

I'm not sure if you had a chance to see my response to you on another thread, but I'll link it here just in case.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9207

Blessings,
Carrie

Polly

Post by Polly » Wed May 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Thank you, Carrie!
Polly