Need Singapore 5a schedule for Preparing

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jjcmehl

Need Singapore 5a schedule for Preparing

Post by jjcmehl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:24 pm

I have my two oldest children using HOD together, however my oldest is a year ahead of the scheduled singapore math. This year they used Bigger and she needed the math schedule for Singapore 4 a and 4 b. So I purchased the Preparing teacher's manual. However, this coming year I don't have the funds to get the next teacher's manual to get the Singapore 5 a and 5 b schedule. (We will only be using Preparing.) Any ideas how to go about this, year after year. I love how Carrie has divided the Singapore lessons. Previous to using HOD, figuring out what to assign (since some of the lessons are quite long) was a task I didn't love.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Christine
Last edited by jjcmehl on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christine
wife to DH for 11 years
DD 10.5 (5th) Preparing w/ Ext, French, Logic
DS 9 (4th) Preparing, French
DS 5 (K) Bible, story, & 3 R's
Adding: Suzuki piano; nature, composer, & picture studies
DS 2.5 Tot School
DS 6 mo. Starting to crawl

sahervey

Re: Singapore 5a schedule?

Post by sahervey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm

I am in the same boat. I really need the Singapore 4A/4B schedule, but we're doing Bigger and it's not in there. If you wouldn't mind sharing what your schedule was with this, I would sure appreciate it. Most say that one lesson per day is about right, but I don't know for sure.
Amy
Married to a Navy Chaplain
Mom to 4: Addie, Joel, Silas, and Lincoln
AH2
World History
MtMM
Bigger

jjcmehl

Re: Need Singapore 5a schedule for Preparing

Post by jjcmehl » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:44 am

Sahervey, I sent you a private message.
Christine
wife to DH for 11 years
DD 10.5 (5th) Preparing w/ Ext, French, Logic
DS 9 (4th) Preparing, French
DS 5 (K) Bible, story, & 3 R's
Adding: Suzuki piano; nature, composer, & picture studies
DS 2.5 Tot School
DS 6 mo. Starting to crawl

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:07 am

If I were you, I would go ahead and purchase the CTC guide (since you will be using it next year anyway) and that will include the schedule all the way through Singapore 6. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

leimarie

Post by leimarie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:49 am

Tree House Academy wrote:If I were you, I would go ahead and purchase the CTC guide (since you will be using it next year anyway) and that will include the schedule all the way through Singapore 6. :)
If I read her post correctly, that isn't possible in her budget at this time.

I'm interested in other responses as well since I can not purchase 2 guides for one child this year but if I go with what was suggested for my oldest son he will be out of the suggested guide for many of his subjects. :(
Lisa
CreativLEI

Evan (Preparing, 5th)
Andrew (Beyond, 3rd)
Francesca (Little Hearts, 2nd)
Mikaela (K)
Nate (busy 3 yo)
Missing our Miranda (9/29-10/27/2011)

avbprincess

Post by avbprincess » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:52 am

Tree House Academy wrote:If I were you, I would go ahead and purchase the CTC guide (since you will be using it next year anyway) and that will include the schedule all the way through Singapore 6. :)
Also, I believe that it is the RTR guide that goes through 6A/6B, and that CTC only goes through 5A/5B.
Deanna
Wife to DH since 2000
DS 16 - US1
HODers from the beginning

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:26 am

You can just divide the math into 140 days of plans, which matches the number of days in PHFHG. :D It works out to be about a lesson a day, except for the Reviews, which usually are lengthy and require 2 days to complete. If you want the ease of HOD planning it, then you'd get the next guide. When I am in a pinch for funds, I sell something (i.e. my dc's past season's clothes/toys to Once Upon a Child, a desk we are not using to a furniture consignment, etc.), or I try to earn some funds (i.e. by watching someone else's dc for a few afternoons or doing an odd job for someone). I have done all of these things before to earn some extra money, and then been glad the whole year afterward because I got the book I needed! Otherwise, simply sitting down and dividing the days of math out would work too. HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie