Emerging readers schedule

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
KimS

Emerging readers schedule

Post by KimS » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 am

My Beyond is ordered and hopefully on the way but my son only has one more lesson in his Phonics. So I am wondering if I called Carrie she could tell me what the schedule is for the emerging readers so I can start with him before my books get here. I have the first 5 books of the set so I didn't have to order them.

Also I have both the Early readers bible and the beginners bible does it matte which one I use? Is one harder than the other?

momof4

Re: Emerging readers schedule

Post by momof4 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Kim,
The Early Reader's Bible is the easier of the 2 Bibles. The schedule for the first 9 units is to use one of these 2 Bibles.

For The Early Reader's Bible schedule you just read a section and use the questions in the Bible itself. I can't remember if it is 1 or 2 sections each day (I loaned mine out so I don't have it here). You finish it by the end of the 9 units, though.

I didn't use the Beginner's Bible, but the ER Schedule in the Appendix lists pages and questions to use each day. This book would be more difficult to use without the schedule.

Hope that helps some.
Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

KimS

Re: Emerging readers schedule

Post by KimS » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:00 am

thanks that helps and honestly I only have a few days until my order should be here I placed it Monday so this may be a mute point anyway. KWIM
But thanks for the heads up on which is easier. I may look through both of mine and see which I think he can handle and go from there.

I can't believe he will be 6 next week and is reading and has lost 3 teeth. My first miracle baby is growing up.