MACHE conference in Duluth

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
birchbark

MACHE conference in Duluth

Post by birchbark » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Any of you board HODies going to be there? I thought it would be fun to plan a little meet-and-greet at the HoD booth or something.
Married to a wonderful man since 1995
DS
DS
DD
DS

momof4

Re: MACHE conference in Duluth

Post by momof4 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:39 am

That's a great idea! I'd love to meet some you wonderful ladies!!

Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

billswife

Post by billswife » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:31 am

We aren't going to make it this year! I'm bummed, but it is a long drive for us. I really enjoyed meeting Julie and talking to her last year.
Ann

DS 17 New American History
DD 13 Rev to Rev
DD 11 CTC

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Only two of us?? :)
DS
DS
DD
DS

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Momof4 and I will be meeting at the HoD booth at one on Friday, if anyone else would like to join us!
DS
DS
DD
DS

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:23 pm

It was a delight to meet Laurie, see Carrie and Julie, and get my "stuff" for next year! Here is a photo of the HoD booth during one of the quieter moments. (Carrie and Julie were kept so busy!) It isn't the greatest quality; we took it on the cell phone. :P
Attachments
210.JPG
210.JPG (132.64 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
DS
DS
DD
DS

striving2Bprov31

Post by striving2Bprov31 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:17 am

Oh, cool!!!

Thanks for posting this!! Are Carrie or Julie in this picture??

I've never gotten to see an HOD booth because they haven't been able to come to my local conference since 2009! Now I get to see what it looks like! :) :)

Thanks, Birchbark!!

arstephia

Post by arstephia » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:10 am

Their booth space sure has increased! I remember back when they only had DITHOR and LHFHG. They just had a little booth. I love how much they have grown and to see such a large booth/display. Looks like they were on a corner too so they probably were kept very busy!
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

creativemommy

Post by creativemommy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Looks similar to what I saw in Cinci a few weeks ago and they were BUSY there, too! Yeah for HOD! :D
~Beth
Used & Loved LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, & Bigger

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Birchbark - I realized it was you sitting at the table in the lavender outfit with your hubby right after you left! I kept thinking I know this lady so well, but what is her name?!? Then "birchbark" popped into my head as you were walking out. Not your name, I know, but the name I know you by here! Anyway, you absolutely must remind me next time so I can give you a proper hug. I am a hugger, you know. :wink: Here's a cyber hug ( ) ! :D Duluth was crazy busy. God is blessing HOD in a big way - we loved talking with the neat families of Duluth! Oh, and yes, we are in the picture. I'm the lady in the red jacket with the messed up blonde hair putting the books on the shelf, and Carrie is the lovely lady in the brown jacket and skirt with short blonde hair on the right of the picture talking with another lady. This was the least busy the booth was the whole weekend - you picked a good time to take a picture! :D I was literally shoulder to shoulder with people most of the weekend. Imagine a "how many people can you fit in the elevator" scenario... that was Duluth. Looks like we may be expanding to even more booths next year. Thanks for a wonderful book fair! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Julie, I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself "properly!" I'll have to put my username on my nametag next time. Thank you for packing up my books for me.

You guys did a great job staying gracious and helpful throughout the hectic weekend. It was so busy it looked like you could have used a clone each. :D (And I didn't think your hair was messy! :D LOL
DS
DS
DD
DS

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks, birchbark! :D Yes, "proper" introduction next year... :lol: A clone... yes... a very good idea... off to order one... or a dozen... :lol:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Just popping in late to say how much we enjoyed seeing those of you whom we were blessed to meet in Duluth! It was a God-blessed, incredibly busy weekend for us that was beyond keeping up with, so we just did the best we could! :D You can see my hair literally standing on end in birchbark's pic., as I recognize in looking at the picture that those sweet ladies were in the booth close to the the very end of convention, and it was our first moment to breathe freely in two days. :D God is so good in giving us more than we expect! :D

Blessings,
Carrie