Shipment arrived! math ?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LivinNandByHim

Shipment arrived! math ?

Post by LivinNandByHim » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:16 pm

I purchased part of my materials for BHFHG at the Greenville, SC convention and some of them they shipped to me. I received a box full of books : the science economy package and the boy book pack for DITHOR 4/5. I was shocked and thinking.... did I really order all these books? I pored over the shipping itemization and the catalog and looked over the books thinking.... this is SO GREAT! SO RICH! WHAT A FULL AND INSPIRING WORLD OF IDEAS AND ADVENTURES FOR MY LITTLE SON! I am sure ps cannot hold a candle to the content I anticipate we will cover this year. Thank you HOD, Carrie, all who make this possible, and esp. to the Lord who receives highest praise. I was even a little overwhelmed thinking, can I really get through and sort this all out?? (and I thought HOD was simplistic! ha!) :oops:
I also want to note that on the return shipping label was Cole's name specifically which I thought was really neat. :) :)

Wondering if there are hands on activities in the next guide of Singapore math level 3, since the level 2 is too young for my ds. Thx to all.

pjdobro

Re: Shipment arrived! math ?

Post by pjdobro » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Happy Box Day! There really is so much more than meets the eye with HOD. Enjoy! :D

As far as the math goes, level 2A and 2B are the last ones for which Carrie writes hands-on activities. From level 3 on up, there are schedules in the guides, but no hands-on activities. For these levels you use the Singapore textbook for the teaching/pictoral examples and follow-up with the workbook exercises.
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Daph

Post by Daph » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:48 pm

I noticed that Carrie's sons' name was on the package too, and I forgot to say that he did a great job packing my TM! :D
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:14 pm

pjdobro wrote:Happy Box Day! There really is so much more than meets the eye with HOD. Enjoy! :D

As far as the math goes, level 2A and 2B are the last ones for which Carrie writes hands-on activities. From level 3 on up, there are schedules in the guides, but no hands-on activities. For these levels you use the Singapore textbook for the teaching/pictoral examples and follow-up with the workbook exercises.
You will find the schedule for Singapore 3A/3B in the appendix of Bigger, and you should have the textbooks and workbooks, 4 books in all for the school year :) Happy Box Day!
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Even without the hands on activities we are loving Singapore 3. It is such a great program.
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG